Windows 10: Restore Administrator Profile

Discus and support Restore Administrator Profile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In windows 10 pro can administrator profile be restored without reloading windows *Moved: Originally posted for Windows RT*... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LutherHester, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Restore Administrator Profile

In windows 10 pro can administrator profile be restored without reloading windows

*Moved: Originally posted for Windows RT*

:)

LutherHester, Jul 27, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 27, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 27, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Restore Administrator Profile

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Restore Administrator Profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Restore Administrator Profile

1. Restore Administrator Profile - Similar Threads - Restore Administrator Profile

2. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  3. Unable to access administrative profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access administrative profile.: Hello all please check out my thread. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-log-in-as-administrator-on-windows-10/3f169c5c-b1f8-4808-a329-31a91ac0a66dI downloaded the media tool Dave advised me to. However, I am unable to open the program...
  4. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  5. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Profile: How do I delete the Administrator profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-profile/103613c1-3631-41b0-b02c-e73a71f943ba
  6. Administrator Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Administrator profile on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Administrator profile on laptop: We are a small company with approximately 25 employees or temporary contractors and laptops. I administer and distribute the laptops. I have been creating an offline login on the laptops for my use as an administrator. For the admin login, I install all the software that...
  8. User Profile for Hidden Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile for Hidden Administrator: I occasionally use the Hidden Administrator account for security problems, stubborn undeletable files, etc. Question is can I use the User Profile from my W10 install on the Hidden Administrator? If yes, how? 40977
  9. Restore profile permissions to user profile folder

Restore profile permissions to user profile folder: I'm not sure why but sometimes when i port a profile over(make new profile, move all files/folder to temp folder, move old profile folder/files in then move the new profile over it) edge and the start menu break. Take ownership seems to miss alot of things and using the...
  10. Transferring Administrator Account Profile

Transferring Administrator Account Profile: Hi all, Upgraded to W10 from W7 several months ago now and activated and used only the built-in Administrator account. Which is what I have done for many years now to stop the UAC popups. However, I have soon discovered this Administrator account, while blocking the UAC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win errx0005