Windows 10: Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

Discus and support Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roymg1, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Roymg1 Win User

Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one:

1. Upgrades to Windows 10
    2. THEN performs a system restore

... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7?

If it Does revert back to an earlier version, what will the user need to do to get back to Windows 10?

:)

Roymg1, Jul 6, 2019

2. Win 10 Free Upgrade then restored back to Win 7 now unable to upgrade to Win 10

I upgraded my system to Win10 using online free upgrade from Win 7.

Then I encountered issues with explorer in Win 10 so I restored back to Win 7.

Now it looks like this explorer issue has been fixed in Win 10 but when I click on Win 10 upgrade icon nothing is happening. How can I now again upgrade back to Win 10 from Win 7.

Thanks,

Anurag

AnuragDang, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Win 10 1511 10586

Been on Win 10 for about 6 weeks upgraded from Win 7. Win Update listed Above update avail. Loaded it but it failed at restart. Could not then restart PC. Used repair disk to boot and system restore back to orig Win 10 ver. Got error 0x80000fff problem
    during restore which appears to be a vista / win 7 restore issue. Fix will not run on Win 10. Any suggestions

WilliamMurdoch, Jul 6, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Upgrade

2. How to restore windows upgrade from windows.old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows upgrade from windows.old: Hi, I have a massive huge problem, I have 2 disks, C and E, and in C I had windows 10 installed and had a lot of important files in downloads and more, and my PC is a bit slow, so I decided to upgrade to a light weight windows 10 which is called "tiny 10" and installed it to...
  3. How to restore windows upgrade from windows.old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows upgrade from windows.old: Hi, I have a massive huge problem, I have 2 disks, C and E, and in C I had windows 10 installed and had a lot of important files in downloads and more, and my PC is a bit slow, so I decided to upgrade to a light weight windows 10 which is called "tiny 10" and installed it to...
  4. How to restore windows upgrade from windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New laptop, reboot after upgrade and got blue screen. Cannot reset or restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop, reboot after upgrade and got blue screen. Cannot reset or restore: Hello, So, new laptop with windows 11 pro. Made some changes and issued a restore. It rebooted, and than blue screen.I followed many steps online but with same results with blue screen.I ran the scan in the command prompt, it repaired some corrupted files but same issue.The...
  6. New laptop, reboot after upgrade and got blue screen. Cannot reset or restore

New laptop, reboot after upgrade and got blue screen. Cannot reset or restore: Hello, So, new laptop with windows 11 pro. Made some changes and issued a restore. It rebooted, and than blue screen.I followed many steps online but with same results with blue screen.I ran the scan in the command prompt, it repaired some corrupted files but same issue.The...
  7. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  8. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  9. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10

Windows 10 to 11 upgrade failed & it failed to restore my pc to Windows 10: I was happily running Windows 10 Pro, when I was offered the Windows 11 upgrade. The update failed, then the return to Windows 10 failed. I can't re-install Windows 10 Pro using my Win 10 Pro media. My Intel NUC 11th gen is now useless.It has 2 drives, an M.2 NVME, and an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RESTORE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 7

2. restore windows 7 after upgrade

3. how to upgrade win 7 to win 10 after restore

4. restore windows 7 after upgrade windows 10,
  5. i have upgraded to win10 but system restore to win8.1