Windows 10: Restore Alt + Space shortcut

Discus and support Restore Alt + Space shortcut in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Firefox has somehow been set to use Alt +Space as a search prompt; see image. I'm not sure how I did this yesterday but would like to get Alt + Space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanWoodard, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Restore Alt + Space shortcut

Firefox has somehow been set to use Alt +Space as a search prompt; see image. I'm not sure how I did this yesterday but would like to get Alt + Space back to windows default. Any ideas please?

Restore Alt + Space shortcut a37ca9c9-09af-4e7f-9240-a5bedc0f867a?upload=true.jpg

:)

StanWoodard, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2021
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Restore Alt + Space shortcut :)

terrace, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Restore Alt + Space shortcut

How to change the default keyboard layout shortcut.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that presently you may change the default keyboard layout by pressing
    Windows key + space and I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the keyboard shortcut for the keyboard layout.

• If you would like to create shortcut for the applications, please follow the below steps:
    • Right click on the application and select properties.
    • Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field. The combination must be CTRL + ALT + a letter / number.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Restore Alt + Space shortcut

1. Restore Alt + Space shortcut - Similar Threads - Restore Alt Space

2. ALT shortcuts not working Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALT shortcuts not working Properly: Last time i shut down my laptop which is dell 7567 everything was fine when i boot my system and when I used alt + Left key in firefox window or in file explorer it should go back one page but instead it opens option tab. When i use my left alt key with left arrow nothing...
  3. System Restore space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore space: Much much space do you allow for system restore points. Is there a general rule. Like to hear your thoughts on this. 180690
  4. How to disable Alt + Space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Alt + Space?: When I press alt and space at the same time or after it, windows opens a little bar in the top left corner. I play Battlefront 2 and I use alt a fair bit to dodgeroll but sometimes because of it windows minimises the window. I have tried Autohotkey but it doesn't work. Also I...
  5. Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4)

Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4): Currently alt+4 is an alternative for alt+tab. How can I change or disable this specific shortcut? submitted by /u/SayAgainYourLast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k55jal/disable_alt4_shortcut_not_f4/
  6. Shortcut for restore down.

Shortcut for restore down.: Going to keep it breif, whats the shorcut to restory down an app in windows 10, since i cant find any answers in a search, thanks :). submitted by /u/vladmir-lennin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivb384/shortcut_for_restore_down/
  7. Alt tab shortcut not working

Alt tab shortcut not working: just recently i tried holding down alt and tab which i had done minutes ago and it just instantly switched to the other window instead of popping up a overlay which shows all the windows. How do i fix this? submitted by /u/Arlojmikk [link] [comments]...
  8. Restore shortcuts to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore shortcuts to the desktop: I have lost the desktop displayed shortcut to an application. How do I restore the application shortcut to my desktop? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-shortcuts-to-the-desktop/fde96fcc-1954-4ffc-924f-aaa49d2912da
  9. AltGr + Space shortcut.

in Windows 10 Customization
    AltGr + Space shortcut.: Hi, For a long time on many operating systems AltGR + Space acts just as normal space (sometimes as hard space). Now in windows 10 it does nothing. The problem is that if i'm writing text (quite fast) using polish diacritic characters quite often there is problem that at...
  10. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...