Windows 10: Restore AppData overwritten files

Discus and support Restore AppData overwritten files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; History of issue: I was trying to restore my deleted tab history of Mozilla Firefox browser, which I didn't synchronize with my account, and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Denys Berezniuk, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Restore AppData overwritten files

History of issue: I was trying to restore my deleted tab history of Mozilla Firefox browser, which I didn't synchronize with my account, and I have made a LOT of mistakes. I tried to restore previous versions of files via Shadow Copies with ShadowExplorer. My first mistake was that I didn't create backup of that folder before overwritting it with ShadowExplorer. Second, I tried to restore files with System Restore, however, I didn't knew much and ended up rebooting my pc, and, unfortunatelly, it did nothing Which I know now that it only restores registe

:)

Denys Berezniuk, Feb 5, 2023

2. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 5, 2023
  3. How to recover deleted appdata file

Hi Michelle,

The AppData folder would have data regarding the applications in the computer. If its contents are deleted, data would be lost and you may not be able to use some applications as well. To isolate your concern, answer the following question:

• What error message are you getting after you deleted an AppData file?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Here are the steps on how to restore files:

• Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, then, select
      Restore your files with File History.
    • Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
    • When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location. To save it in a different place, press and hold (or right-click)
      Restore, select Restore to, and then choose a new location.

It's always good to have a backup of your files on another drive in case something happens to the originals. Check this

link
    on how to Back up and restore your files.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Restore AppData overwritten files

vanshitavanshita, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Restore AppData overwritten files

1. Restore AppData overwritten files - Similar Threads - Restore AppData overwritten

2. How to restore a video file that was overwritten by another video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore a video file that was overwritten by another video file?: I accidentally merged the old video file with the new video file so the old video file was deleted by the new video file. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-video-file-that-was-overwritten/984e7fc8-90d3-463b-b0e5-d3454a1aaf3b
  3. How to restore a video file that was overwritten by another video file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore a video file that was overwritten by another video file?: I accidentally merged the old video file with the new video file so the old video file was deleted by the new video file. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-video-file-that-was-overwritten/984e7fc8-90d3-463b-b0e5-d3454a1aaf3b
  4. How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?: I accidently overwrote an rtf: file from a thumb drive and lost the original file that was in Documents in Drive C on my computer... only to find out that File History and System restore were turned off on our PC; Is there anyway of retrieving my original file???...
  5. How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?

How do I retrieve an overwritten file without File History or System Restore?: I accidently overwrote an rtf: file from a thumb drive and lost the original file that was in Documents in Drive C on my computer... only to find out that File History and System restore were turned off on our PC; Is there anyway of retrieving my original file???...
  6. Restore AppData overwritten files

Restore AppData overwritten files: History of issue: I was trying to restore my deleted tab history of Mozilla Firefox browser, which I didn't synchronize with my account, and I have made a LOT of mistakes. I tried to restore previous versions of files via Shadow Copies with ShadowExplorer. My first mistake...
  7. How to recover overwritten files

How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  8. Overwritten file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Overwritten file: I have recently used the "Do you want to replace the file in this destination" feature to replace a file. Is there any way to recover this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overwritten-file/4ce9af1f-2faa-408e-b7bc-cd98065bfacb
  9. File Overwritten

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Overwritten: i orginally had a the documents written on my laptop storage then i back up on a USB then edit the word doc on the usb (Removable Disk) instead then i try to replace all the folder stored in the USB to Laptop storage then i loose my newest documents, updated...
  10. Restoring local Appdata

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring local Appdata: I have just accidentally deleted some of my local appdata files. I wanted to only clear the temp folder, but me being me I have somehow forgotten to go into the temp folder. Will a system restore recover deleted files?...