Windows 10: Restore Apps after reboot

Discus and support Restore Apps after reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking at possibly coming back from OS X to Win10. I've reset my Win10 machine & am setting back up, but one of the things I really like about OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greatcapp, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Restore Apps after reboot

I'm looking at possibly coming back from OS X to Win10.

I've reset my Win10 machine & am setting back up, but one of the things I really like about OS X is when I have to reboot, all of my Apps that are active on my system, all reopen automatically, on the correct virtual desktops, and the same size/order etc that they were when I rebooted.

After searching for a Windows method to do this (I notice most people seem to actually want to switch this off), the solution seems to be SETTINGS/ACCOUNTS/SIGN IN OPTIONS/Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device & reopen my apps after an update & restart.

Trouble is, it doesn't really seem to be working for me.

So far, I've set up Chrome, Microsoft News, Calendar, Sky Go and a couple of others, but the only app that actually reopens is Chrome.

Am I doing it wrong? Have I missed something?

If there's no working solution in Windows, is there a 3rd party app that might do it for me?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/greatcapp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/greatcapp, Feb 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore Apps after reboot [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Restore Apps after reboot :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Restore Apps after reboot

restore points disappear after reboot only have vista no xp

losing restore points on reboot

well i spoke to soon again i started losing my restore points on reboot again so its not revo this realy sucks

skellattarr, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Restore Apps after reboot

1. Restore Apps after reboot - Similar Threads - Restore Apps reboot

2. Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot: I have always found the restore points very helpful, especially after installing new software that then corrupts other software etc..In widow XP it was on automatically and any update from Microsoft automatically created a restore point.With windows 10 I have found that the...
  3. Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot: I have always found the restore points very helpful, especially after installing new software that then corrupts other software etc..In widow XP it was on automatically and any update from Microsoft automatically created a restore point.With windows 10 I have found that the...
  4. Windows 10 restore points being deleted after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. restoring a backup after a factory reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restoring a backup after a factory reboot: My computer ran into an issue where I needed to reboot it to factory default to get it to start again. Before I rebooted it I backed it up on an external hard drive. How do I install the backup to return my computer to the way it was? when I search for solution I keep...
  6. Restore Apps After Reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Apps After Reset.: I reset my pc because of windows not opening. But I didn't erase my D drive. And I install the games on D drive in WindowsApps folder. Now I want to restore these games without downloading them again. Because the game sizes are huge. How can I do that? I tried to change...
  7. Default apps reset after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default apps reset after every reboot: So out of the Blue, I noticed that Firefox wasn't my default browser anymore (it started asking about it again), so I went into the settings and set everything again (not just the browser, every default app) but after a reboot, Firefox asked me again so it clearly doesn't...
  8. Microsoft stuck in reboot after factory settings restored

Microsoft stuck in reboot after factory settings restored: Hello I reset factory settings on my surface pro and now it is stuck in a reboot cycle. The message says: “Instal windows - the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows click ok to restart...
  9. How to Disable Restarting Apps after Reboot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Restarting Apps after Reboot?: Occasionally I run into a website that appears to be damaging my Windows so I reboot. Bad thing is Windows restarts that website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-restarting-apps-after-reboot/439661a4-2ed1-4962-9a6d-77cdbf842c35
  10. I did a system restore but after reboot broken again

I did a system restore but after reboot broken again: As the title says, my PC "broke" so i did a system restore and it worked again. When i rebooted, my PC is broken again. And have to do a system restore... again. I only have 2 restore points, one which when finished starts installation of Visual Studio, the other does the...