Windows 10: Restore backup data

Discus and support Restore backup data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnujaRaju, Apr 21, 2020.

1. AnujaRaju Win User

Restore backup data

My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security > Backup and Restore Windows 7 because that's how I had backed up the data.

It shows an error:
    Restore encountered a problem while validating the zip file :

<File path...\Backup files 2559.zip>

The following information may help resolve the problem:

The backup file could not be found. Make sure the drive that the backup is saved on is attached or try to restore from a different backup. 0x8100001A

The file that is indicated in the error message above, was the file that was a threat according to windows defender and was "taken action" against.

Please guide me as to how I can successfully restore my files. Thanks.

:)

AnujaRaju, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Data backup and recovery help thread

We get heaps of threads on this, so lets make a nice organised list of programs people can use for backing up, restoring, and recovering data.

For a quick start to this, some pointers.

1. If you formatted a drive and did NOT write to it, recovery is possible. If you installed any data over it (such as windows, or copying files to it) then you need to restore a backup, or accept that you will have lost some, most, or all of your data.

2. Backups are not perfect - for example, a virus that killed your machine could also be in your backup. try and backup your important data first, not your operating system and useless files - and store it in more than one place if possible (for example, an external hard drive AND on DVD)

Now to the programs:

Free Data recovery software
    Piriform Recuva - Highly recommended by TPU users, myself included.

The following were listed by 95viper in another thread, i dont know if he's reccomending them or just listed them.
    Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier A nice one.*Smile Restore backup data :)
    UNDELETE 360
    Free File Recovery 1.1
    Glary Undelete
    UndeletePlus[/QUOTE]

Paid Data recovery software

Free backup/restore software

Paid backup/restore software
    Acronis True Image Home
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 (Paid)[/QUOTE]

please people, help me fill in the blanks so i can request this to get stickied. *Smile Restore backup data :)

Mussels, Apr 21, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 21, 2020
  4. MPREv Win User

Restore backup data

Clearing (and restoring) Private data

Hi I have some Questions about „cleaning“ up or removing personal/private data & configuration from a Windows 10 PC.

It is about a PC that should be sent to the Vendor to get repaired.
    It is not my PC but from a friend.
    Usually in such a case I would create an image from the System and reset the OS to factory settings to wipe the data/settings.
    But this time I don’t have enough space (and will not have time for it) (Don’t need suggestions for Imaging).

The normal Data (documents, pictures …) are regularly saved / backup so not needed to be saved additionally.
    The goal would be removing / backing up the personal Data (in a fast and space saving way) to have them removed and make it possible to put them back, but not deleting /removing the installed Programs, applications and Games (Win32).

From my experience with Windows 7 or Older PCs I would also:

• Browser: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Mail Program: backup Profile and clean it (Easy to restore)
    • Change User password (easy to restore)

But as for Windows 10 there are some new … implications about the

• connected Microsoft account
    • and the Apps

How to deal with them?
    How to remove / disconnect them in a way I can restore afterwards again?

MPREv, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Restore backup data

1. Restore backup data - Similar Threads - Restore backup data

2. I can't restore my data backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't restore my data backup: Hi,I made a backup of my data then did a clean win 10 install. Now I can't restore the backup because apparently I don't have enough disk space in desktop. How can I restore to the original locations?I know the original locations were on another instalation but just restoring...
  3. I can't restore my data backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't restore my data backup: Hi,I made a backup of my data then did a clean win 10 install. Now I can't restore the backup because apparently I don't have enough disk space in desktop. How can I restore to the original locations?I know the original locations were on another instalation but just restoring...
  4. I can't restore my data backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore backup data error 0x8100001A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore backup data error 0x8100001A: My computer was attacked by Malware. I took a backup of the data and reset my PC the OS. I ran a scan of my external hard drive which contains my backup and some threats were detected and removed. Now I'm trying to restore the data through Control Panel> System and Security >...
  6. backup data

backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  7. restore/backup data from failing HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore/backup data from failing HD: Hello. Yesterday I noticed a severe and sudden slow-down of my PC. Task manager showed one of the HDs being at 100% usage. SMART showed no errors (yet), so I ran chkdisk over night. Took ages so I bought a new disk to copy my files over. To get around the 100% usage, I did...
  8. Restoring backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393
  9. Multiple entries in Library after restoring backup data

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple entries in Library after restoring backup data: Hi, I just restored my PC after being formatted. Now my library looks like this. I have 2 internal HD which are meant for backup. How to restore the library so that it does not appear like the image below? [img] 78731
  10. Restore Windows From Data Backup?

Restore Windows From Data Backup?: So I managed to break my partition table, but I was able to recover my entire C: drive and copy every file and folder to an external drive. My question now becomes, is there anyway to, when I reinstall Windows, to restore from that backup (since it's just a data backup of...