Windows 10: Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

Discus and support Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Qwerty18th, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical drive? And if it's possible to use my hard drive will it erase all the data inside the hard drive?

:)

Qwerty18th, Mar 25, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive? [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

1. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive? - Similar Threads - Restore backup using

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  5. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  6. Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  7. Optical drive

Optical drive: How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/db20e64f-3402-413d-8948-b95b9dd4eb48
  8. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  9. restore hard drive

restore hard drive: How do I re-format the hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-hard-drive/d3ced27f-d6e8-419f-9b29-45fbf00daa8f
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14