Windows 10: restore CD options

Discus and support restore CD options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought my PC from a Microsoft refurbisher, I was told i should have received a restore CD, because refurbishers are authorized by Microsoft? how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikeop1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. mikeop1 Win User

restore CD options

I bought my PC from a Microsoft refurbisher, I was told i should have received a restore CD, because refurbishers are authorized by Microsoft? how do I get one?I have Windows 10 but if I did a full restore to factory settings like i wanna do it says Windows 7...meaning if I restore to factory settings I won't get Windows 10 back just 7? and 7 doesn't even have support anymore? does anybody know if the ones sold on Amazon or eBay work,or does Microsoft or the place I bought it owe me one?I just watched the special on the guy that went to jail for making them because he used the windows logo? but he also said its yours and you should be able to get one from Microsoft?

:)

mikeop1, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Dec 4, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 4, 2019
  4. booner Win User

restore CD options

system restore, no cd

hi, is it possible to do a system restore on xp without the cd? i was told that it was possible to download a tool to do a restore.
    Reason i want to do this is my pc says all that ' not genuine windows' and ' pc could be at risk', type stuff, which im sure is down to some malware on my pc, and just wondered if a restore would aid removal of this malware?

booner, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

restore CD options

1. restore CD options - Similar Threads - restore options

2. How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?: How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings? After a recent update to my Windows 11, the sign-in screen now asks me for my PIN. I prefer to use a password, but when I went into Settings, and my account information and settings, "Ways to...
  3. How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings?: How do I restore the Windows 11 password sign-in option in my account settings? After a recent update to my Windows 11, the sign-in screen now asks me for my PIN. I prefer to use a password, but when I went into Settings, and my account information and settings, "Ways to...
  4. How can I wipe/delete restore from options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I wipe/delete restore from options.: When attempting a fresh Windows install on one my device, I encounter a long list of prior "Restore From" options. While it may not be a major issue since as I always choose "Set up a new device," it would be convenient if there was a way to clear this list. Is there any way...
  5. How can I wipe/delete restore from options.

How can I wipe/delete restore from options.: When attempting a fresh Windows install on one my device, I encounter a long list of prior "Restore From" options. While it may not be a major issue since as I always choose "Set up a new device," it would be convenient if there was a way to clear this list. Is there any way...
  6. Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  7. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  8. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  9. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing: I may have been tricked into downloading a malware that deleted my security options, thankfully it didn't go after my files. I've been in this situation for a few months now, it never hindered my computers performance and I can still do my work properly and download other...