Windows 10: Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer

Discus and support Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the search from the drop down menu format image 1 to the original highlighting one image 2? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The issue is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DavidReid1991, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer

Is there a way to change the search from the drop down menu format image 1 to the original highlighting one image 2?

Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer ed4c9e57-3a3d-4c98-96fe-98e2bfcb69c0?upload=true.jpg

Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer 35f9bf22-da93-4a79-8d9f-832a85e10be2?upload=true.jpg
    The issue is the same as covered in the following link

https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/restore_file_explorer_classic_search_in_windows_10.html

:)

DavidReid1991, Aug 29, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 29, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer

1. Restore Classic Search to Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Restore Classic Search

2. How to restore classic Taskbar settings on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore classic Taskbar settings on Windows 11: I am unable unmerge taskbar icon and unable in move entire taskbar to right side. Please add old setting of taksbar same as windows 10 in windows 11....
  3. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  4. Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Restore classic context menu: As a number of people have already pointed out the Right-click context menu now consists of a two step process. This soon gets very old and annoying.As a developer I have a lot of stuff in my context menu that I need on a daily basis. For example the entire GIT context menu...
  5. Restore the Classic Volume Mixer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Restore the Classic Volume Mixer in Windows 11: Microsoft removed the classic volume mixer in its Windows 11 operating system and replaced it with a page in the operating system's Settings application. The open source tool Classic Volume Mixer restores the functionality of the volume mixer of previous versions of Windows...
  6. How to restore the classic File Explorer context menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the classic File Explorer context menu in Windows 11: Microsoft changed File Explorer in its new Windows 11 operating system significantly. The default file manager displays just a few icons at the top, instead of the tabbed interface that it uses in Windows 10. Another big difference becomes apparent when you right-click in...
  7. Restore Old Classic Search Box in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Old Classic Search Box in Windows 10 File Explorer: Newer versions of Windows 10 operating system come with a new updated (or modified) Search box in File Explorer (or This PC, My Computer). This new search experience in File Explorer is powered by Windows Search which means the new search box now integrates your OneDrive...
  8. Restore Live Search to Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Restore Live Search to Windows Explorer: Is there a way to change the search from the drop down menu format image 1 to the original live search image 2? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The issue is the same as covered in the following link...
  9. Classic backup and restore on Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Classic backup and restore on Win 10: I backed up my Win10 computer using classic Backup and restore interface in advance of reformatting partitions. That included a system image as well. Do I need a recovery disc to recover my files after a reformat?...
  10. Is there anyway to restore classic control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there anyway to restore classic control panel?: Is there anyway to restore classic control and disable settings apps, I know you can still open classic personalization menu but I also want all the other settings who were moved into windows settings app. 123275