Windows 10: restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

Discus and support restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I needed to install a Windows ipod driver, and did not go to the correct website, and downloaded and installed software, now I cannot get iTunes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MimiWoodward, Mar 20, 2019.

1. restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

I needed to install a Windows ipod driver, and did not go to the correct website, and downloaded and installed software, now I cannot get iTunes to run. I need to restore my computer to the point before I installed the software. I've done it a few years back, but forgot how. Thanks for help.

Mimi

:)

MimiWoodward, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Windows app removal - restore point

Hello,

Restore points are generated when you install a new application, Windows Update or driver. You can also manually create a restore point. Restoring to an earlier point of time won't affect your personal files, but it will remove all the applications, drivers
    and Windows Updates installed after the restore point was made. To better assist you regarding your concern, we'd like to know more information.

• Do you see any available restore point on your computer?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the applications that were removed?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For more details about System Restore, please check this
    link
    and refer to Restore from a system restore point section.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Mar 20, 2019
  3. PiKo Win User
    Windows update removes earlier restore points

Some earlier automatic Windows 10 updates removed all my earlier restore points and set the protection settings of the C: disk off.
    The recent Windows 10 update (Jan 29) again removed all my earlier restore points. This time the protection setting of my C: disk was still on, but the settings of the disk space usage was set so low by the update that there was space only for one restore point (the critical update).
    What the hell is Windows Pro 10 doing?

4. restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

Win 10 Upgrade Crashed Computer - Forced to Restore Earlier Point

Good afternoon,

I recently received the alert that my Windows 10 Upgrade was ready for download and install. I went ahead and accepted the upgrade, then left my computer alone to download and install. Somewhere along the way the upgrade failed, crashing my laptop (HP Pavilion
    dv6). The computer alerted me that I must restore to an earlier point. I went ahead and let the computer do its thing and restore itself. The computer returned me to my Windows 7 desktop, with the Windows 10 app still in the bottom right hand corner.

The app is now saying my upgrade has been confirmed and all I have to do is wait for the alert, again. My question is:

Does the Windows 10 upgrade system possibly think my computer has already received the upgrade, checking it off some master list of emails, leaving my computer in some sort of upgrade limbo?

It has been 8 days since I attempted the upgrade and it failed. What should I do?

Thanks!

Stryker Shaka

StrykerShaka, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10

1. restore computer to an earlier point using windows 10 - Similar Threads - restore computer earlier

2. Is it possible to restore Windows 10 with a restore point taken from earlier build over...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore Windows 10 with a restore point taken from earlier build over...: Hi!Let's consider a following scenario:1. A backup is first taken by creating a system restore point with instructions below. Computer at the time of creating the restore point does not have all Windows-updates included in the latest ISO available from Microsoft so its...
  3. Earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Earlier restore point: Can I create an earlier restore point then that is currently available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earlier-restore-point/191c20d1-7257-4298-b412-a4d033e22b85
  4. Restore to earlier restore point impossible

Restore to earlier restore point impossible: Error Message: System restore was not successful. The computer's system files and settings have not been changed. Details: The file C: \ Users \ Reima \ iCloudDrive could not be extracted from the restore point. Unknown system restore failure. 0x8007045b...
  5. Restore computer to earlier date

Restore computer to earlier date: Somehow my outlook e-mail account settings pop.mail, etc got messed up, and I cannot receive/send e-mail from my desktop. Still works on I-PAD and I-Phone. I thought restoring the system to an earlier date might work to resolve this. However, when I go to the Control...
  6. Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?

Windows 10: If I restore to earlier restore point, can I then go back to the original point?: I'm having a problem with my desktop icons, for no reason that I can ascertain. Web searches turn up nothing related to what I'm seeing. I'm thinking of going back to a restore point prior to the day this anomalous behavior appeared, but if that doesn't fix the probelm, can I...
  7. restore windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point?

restore windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point?: How do I restore my windows 10 pc to an earlier restore point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-pc-to-an-earlier-restore-point/d507e140-a81b-4bd8-a55f-5be3758b1006
  8. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...
  9. how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    how to restore windows 10 to earlier restore point: I need to reset mt windows 10 computer to an earlier restore point. I've tried cortina but the directions for step 1 - to click on "all programs" in the left side bar - doesn't exist. I also tried searching control panel for "all programs" which offered several options,...
  10. Windows update removes earlier restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows update removes earlier restore points: Some earlier automatic Windows 10 updates removed all my earlier restore points and set the protection settings of the C: disk off. The recent Windows 10 update (Jan 29) again removed all my earlier restore points. This time the protection setting of my C: disk was still on,...