Windows 10: Restore computer to functional use, Currently in endless boot loop.

Discus and support Restore computer to functional use, Currently in endless boot loop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife has had a Dell Vostro laptop for 3-4 years. About 2 years ago it decided it didn't want to boot. Wife bought a newer Dell laptop for her work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shoey, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Shoey Win User

Restore computer to functional use, Currently in endless boot loop.

My wife has had a Dell Vostro laptop for 3-4 years. About 2 years ago it decided it didn't want to boot. Wife bought a newer Dell laptop for her work. Now I have a use for the Vostro (model railroading). Thought the problem might be a hard drive problem, but eventually found how to get to Safe Mode via F12 on first screen, then following a trail of alternatives. System rebooted into Safe Mode and was usable in that mode. Hard drive seemed OK by chkdsk. Copied entire hard drive contents to external drive. Tried using Restore saving personal files. Would no longer boot into Safe Mode. Tried using Restore back to Windows 10 Pro as installed, no other files save. Then system entered a "boot loop" that I am unable to break out of. The drive light flickers throughout the boot loop. Here is the sequence of the loop:

i. Black screen
    ii. “Dell”, “Vostro”, “Energy Star”, “F2 Setup”, “F12 Boot Options”, progress bar appear briefly
    iii. Black screen
    iv. Window symbol appears on black
    v. Rolling dots appear, moving
    vi. Window symbol disappears, rolling dots still moving
    vii. Window symbol reappears, rolling dots frozen with “Welcome” text below it
    viii. Rolling dots start to move
    ix. ”Restarting” text replaces “Welcome” briefly
    x. Black screen
    xi. Computer restarts

This sequence will repeat for hours if I let it. If I turn the system off, then on, it starts with "i." above and enters the same sequence. Pressing F12 in step "ii" has no effect.

So, that's it. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    -Ted

PS Since my whole family upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro during Microsoft’s grace period, I have no Window 10 Pro CD, nor a record of the product key assigned to this machine. Sigh!

:)

Shoey, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Oct 3, 2019
  3. PC stuck in endless loop of trying to restore previous version of Windows and restarting.

Hi Dylan,

In order to help you with your concern about your PC which is stuck in endless loop, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What are the options that you see under Options and boot options? If you can, please post here a screen shot.
    • Was there a new hardware installed?
    • Were there new apps installed?
    • Have you done any recent driver updates?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 3, 2019
  4. djoatmeal Win User

Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

Last night around 9pm I noticed the pc was doing another update. Endless boot loop again. I ran through the steps from yesterday with one new result and it will not boot.
    Restore computer to functional use, Currently in endless boot loop. [​IMG]

djoatmeal, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore computer to functional use, Currently in endless boot loop. - Similar Threads - Restore computer functional

2. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  3. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  4. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless boot loop: My wife's Dell has now gone into an endless boot loop with a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO blue screen error. At one point I was able to get into the windows auto recovery screen but now I can not even get that far. Now I know my best option is to make a boot USB and run the...
  6. stuck in endless boot up loop

stuck in endless boot up loop: I have a laptop running Windows 10 with a way too small amount of free space which makes performing system updates almost impossible. During an attempt to provide additional space I changed partition sizes on the 32GB C: drive. Now boot up is in a loop so is there a method to...
  7. Stuck in an endless boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in an endless boot loop.: Yesterday, instead of booting up, my computer got stuck in an endless boot loop. Everytime I try to boot it up, it shows this for a couple of seconds (sorry for blurry image, had to be quick.) Then, it restarts. After a couple of restarts, it goes into the "repair" screen....
  8. boot mgr not found endless loop

boot mgr not found endless loop: When we started the computer this morning we got the message Windows was going to automatically repair itself. After several cannot repair messages we tried the advance options - repair, restore from system restore, restore from backup, boot into windows safe mode and...
  9. PC goes into an endless BOOT loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC goes into an endless BOOT loop: Boot loop Dell Inspiron 530 Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit AMD Athlon 64 dual core 4GB DDR2 EVGA Graphics Card PC showed no sign of powering on, Removed graphics card Disconnected HDD and DVD/CD ROM Tested the power supply unit with multi meter all voltages are OK Removed CMOS...
  10. Endless boot loop after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless boot loop after reset: Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring...