Windows 10: Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker

Discus and support Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Win10 64bit system SSD/HDD had sw failure and can´t be run anymore BSOD or boot error. How can be possible to read data from SSD/HDD on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MilanSalka, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker

Hello,

Win10 64bit system SSD/HDD had sw failure and can´t be run anymore BSOD or boot error.

How can be possible to read data from SSD/HDD on other pc via adapter "sata to usb" or "nvme to usb" when harddrive is encrpted by BitLocker when is known the BitLocker key?

Thank you in advance.

:)

MilanSalka, Mar 29, 2021

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 29, 2021
  3. How to recover data from bitlocker encrypted NVMe SSD with the recovery key

HI

I have a crashed machine with bitlocker encrypted NVMe SSD drive and I also have the recovery key.

is there a method to recover data from it without taking out the drive from the machine?

Khaled Negem, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker

how to recover data from bitlocker encrypted drive without the key?

I don't believe there is a way of doing this, that's the point of encryption to prevent this sort of activity. If you have no way of getting the key I would suggest restore from backups.

MarkInKent, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker

1. Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker - Similar Threads - Restore data SSD

2. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  3. Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover the data from BitLocker encrypted drives: Dear Community,I've used disk partitions over my pre loaded home edition window. By default i've received one C drive but after disk partition now it was three drives. Today i've reinstall the window but now big issue occur, I can access only one C drive other two devices...
  4. Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?

Is it possible to recover data from SSD with bitlocker?: Currently, I have a SSD that I took out from an old laptop, and was trying to use it on a different laptop or at least recover the data. I do not have the password or the recovery key, so I have no way to access the data inside.Is there any way to recover the data stored...
  5. Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD: Hello - running Win7 Ultimate on SSD. During boot-up, shows Windows logo then black screen with frozen cursor. Spent hours trying to repair - Windows repair disk fails during repair. Decided to just recover files and re-install with Win10. When using another computer WIN10...
  6. Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD

Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD: Hello - running Win7 Ultimate on SSD. During boot-up, shows Windows logo then black screen with frozen cursor. Spent hours trying to repair - Windows repair disk fails during repair. Decided to just recover files and re-install with Win10. When using another computer WIN10...
  7. Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail: Hi friends, I'm using Windows 10, Version10.0.18363 Build 18363 I'm in a bit of a jam. Thanks to a faulty USB cable, my 8TB external hard-drive disconnected while decrypting the data. And so now it's not accepting my password, which I know is correct. I get the first...
  8. How to recover data from bitlocker encrypted NVMe SSD with the recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover data from bitlocker encrypted NVMe SSD with the recovery key: HI I have a crashed machine with bitlocker encrypted NVMe SSD drive and I also have the recovery key. is there a method to recover data from it without taking out the drive from the machine?...
  9. recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?: submitted by /u/Hamm103 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjra4n/recovering_data_from_bitlocker_encrypted_drive/
  10. Restore from Bitlocker encrypted external drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from Bitlocker encrypted external drive?: Is it possible to restore a system image from a Bitlocker encrypted external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-from-bitlocker-encrypted-external-drive/f41e0d78-8cbb-47af-b04a-82fb41217b4c