Windows 10: Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Discus and support Restore Default Gamebar Capture location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the captures folder, and it changed the save location to D:\Videos. This is very annoying as I take many screenshots and clips.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Superkman23, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

I accidentally deleted the captures folder, and it changed the save location to D:\Videos. This is very annoying as I take many screenshots and clips. Is there anyway to change the save location of captures back to the captures folder? Restore Default Gamebar Capture location 9e53e5fc-a361-4f8b-a100-0b8a891c97fd?upload=true.png

:)

Superkman23, Nov 18, 2019

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 18, 2019
  3. location not visible in pics we capture from camera app

Hello kamal

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

Open File Explorer.

Browse to the Captures folder location.

Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.

Click the Location tab.

Click the Restore Defaults button.

Click Apply.

Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.

Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.

Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

if that didn't work

Method 2

Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.

From the options presented select System, then click on

Apps & features located on the left pane.

Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.

Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.

When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset

button once more.

Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. As you have selected root of a drive (D Restore Default Gamebar Capture location :) while changing the captures folder location and not created and selected a folder for the same. Hence, you are facing the issue. However, could you please let us know the exact
    error message you are getting while changing to default location.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you can restore default settings.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR (on the left pane).
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select
      Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on Apply > OK >
      Yes
    7. If you still facing the issue, please try by opening
      Xbox app.
    8. Click on Settings > Game DVR.
    9. Click on Open folder under
      Saving captures
      and perform step 4, 5,

If you are able to restore default settings successfully, please follow the steps mentioned below to change Captures folder location.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR.
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Move.
    6. Browse to the new location that you prefer.
    7. Click on New folder and create a folder.
    8. Highlight same folder using left click and click on
      Select Folder.
    9. Then click on Apply > OK >
      Yes.

You may also want to refer
    Adjust capture settings on Windows 10
    for more details.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

1. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location - Similar Threads - Restore Default Gamebar

2. How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?: I deleted the captures file where my screen recordings used to be stored. Now the recordings are being saved in C:\Users\sara3\AppData\Local\Temp along with other folders and random DAT files and text documents. It's very inconvenient. I tried to follow this method:Press...
  3. How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?: I deleted the captures file where my screen recordings used to be stored. Now the recordings are being saved in C:\Users\sara3\AppData\Local\Temp along with other folders and random DAT files and text documents. It's very inconvenient. I tried to follow this method:Press...
  4. Unable to restore default location of Documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restore default location of Documents.: I am using Windows 11 with OneDrive. OneDrive will not allow me restore default location of my documents folder. The only document folder that is available is the one listed in Users/Marc/OneDrive. When I try to restore default location through the properties dialog box, it...
  5. Xbox gamebar capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamebar capture: Hey I recently started using the screen capture feature on my laptop for gameplay. But I'm seeing that some don't record all the way, they record audio but have a black screen on them. Is there any way that I can save that file from having a black screen and also prevent it...
  6. Microsoft Gamebar capture resolution error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Gamebar capture resolution error: I have an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming edition with Windows 10, have been using it to play, record and stream games for years with no issue until very recently. (within the last two weeks) Microsoft/Xbox Gamebar, an app that lets me record game footage at the press of a button on...
  7. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  8. Change name of GameBar Captures.

Change name of GameBar Captures.: Title says it all, I'm trying to find a way to change the name given to recordings and game clips when using GameBar. So, for example, instead of {game} - {timestamp}, I can change it to just {timestamp}....
  9. Restoring Default User Folder Locations

Restoring Default User Folder Locations: Hello. A couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Windows and all my folders are in particular locations across multiple drives. Now, while I was configuring the location of my Downloads folder while formatting my backup/downloads HDD (Seagate BarraCuda), I had temporarily...
  10. Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamebar default save location