Windows 10: Restore default power plans in Windows 10?

Discus and support Restore default power plans in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have no idea how my power plans don't exist anymore, but I need to restore all my power plans. I tried using these command lines in Admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Conan Joshua, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Restore default power plans in Windows 10?

Hi, I have no idea how my power plans don't exist anymore, but I need to restore all my power plans.

I tried using these command lines in Admin Windows PowerShell and in Admin command prompt, but they didn't work.

Restore default power plans in Windows 10? 9790709f-9eda-4b59-b496-8c863dd9545b?upload=true.png

Any ideas?

:)

Conan Joshua, Apr 12, 2021
  2. tracit99 Win User

Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10

Hey Shawn,

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16232 and I have only one power plan. The High Performance and Power Saver plans are not shown.

Restore default power plans in Windows 10? [​IMG]

I ran powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and then powercfg -list and this is what is shown.

I have exported both High Performance and Power Saver plans from another Windows 10 install and have imported them into this build 16232, but they still refuse to show up in power options. Any ideas?

tracit99, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 12, 2021
  4. antares Win User

Restore default power plans in Windows 10?

Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10  

Hi Brink, there's good and bad news *really
    The good news: I was able to restore all missing power plans. The bad news: the restored power plans show up as long as Modern Standby is disabled (value 0 in csenabled registry key).
    Here is what I did:
    I started having "Balanced" as the only power plan displayed. I then disabled Modern Standby as you suggested and multiple instances of the various power plans showed up as seen below:

So I then went ahead to delete the added power plans to start from a clean state using your instructions
    I then added the power plans using Powershell as explained in this thread. The power plans were added successfully as shown below:

I then enabled Modern Standby, rebooted and this was the result:

So I disabled Modern Standby and finally got back the missing power plans again:

Also I observed another change: now, the power icon in system tray does not show the slider to set it to save or best performance, as seen below:

So the question remains: how to have Power in Control Panel show all Power Plans without having Modern Standby Disabled.

antares, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Restore default power plans in Windows 10?

1. Restore default power plans in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Restore default power

2. How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?: This is how you can restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 power plans to default: Open Windows PowerShell and copy and paste in this command: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes then press Enter in your keyboard. Then check the Windows Power Plans restored to default all of them...
  3. How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 Power Plans to default?: This is how you can restore all Windows 10 and Windows 11 power plans to default: Open Windows PowerShell and copy and paste in this command: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes then press Enter in your keyboard. Then check the Windows Power Plans restored to default all of them...
  4. Windows 10 power plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power plan: Hello guys, Last night I started a render queue in Cinema 4D (3d animation tool) and was under the assumption that the queue would be rendered when I woke up this morning. To bad that wasn't the case because I forgot to switch the power plan to NOT put my PC into sleeping...
  5. power plan on windows 10

power plan on windows 10: HI since the last time I installed windows 10 on my computer the power plans don't work anymore. no idea how to fix since it has been happening since the reinstall. Didn't get any errors reinstalling it but still no joy. Tried the troubleshooter but it said it couldn't find...
  6. How to restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Power Plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the two. In this post, we will [...] This post How to...
  7. Default Power plans deleted, need restore

Default Power plans deleted, need restore: Hi, I messed up at some point when trying to configure my power plans and I got the default plans "High performance" and "Power saver" deleted. I wish to restore them. I've already looked in reset and restore power plans to default setting section of tutorials in this forum,...
  8. Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10: How to: Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10 How to Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize...
  9. Specify Default Active Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Default Active Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Specify Default Active Power Plan in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. By default, all users (standard and administrator) can make changes to any chosen the same power plan as their default...
  10. Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10 How to Reset and Restore Power Plans to Default Settings in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is...