Windows 10: restore deleted pictures

Discus and support restore deleted pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; unable to restore delete pictures any helpers out there ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TraceyWoodrow, Apr 13, 2020.

1. restore deleted pictures

unable to restore delete pictures any helpers out there ?

:)

TraceyWoodrow, Apr 13, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (Crestore deleted pictures :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (Crestore deleted pictures :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Apr 13, 2020
  4. restore deleted pictures

how to restore photos in picasa deleted by mistake

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you delete the photos from the PC?

• Did you check if the photos are present in File Explorer?

If any files, folders, documents are deleted accidently from the PC,
    Recycle bin
    holds them if the size of the deleted items are containable. Check if the photos folder is present in
    Recycle bin.

Step 1: Check if the files and folders are present in your PC using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type the file or folder name in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file or folder path of the program and check if it is the file you are looking for.

Step 2: If you are unable to view the pictures using Picasa application, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open Windows File Explorer by pressing
      Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.

• Open the file or folder where pictures are located.

• Right click on a picture and hover your mouse over to
      Open with option.

• Select Picasa from the option and check if you are able the view the pictures in
      Picasa photo viewer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the application manufacturer for further assistance.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

restore deleted pictures

1. restore deleted pictures - Similar Threads - restore deleted pictures

2. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  3. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  4. accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    accidently deleted pictures folder but restored folder mising pictures: i was showing my wife how to delete and un delete(restore) folders on my pc and right click deleted the pictures folder in my user files. then went straight to the recycle bin and right clicked restore and then went to user files and low and behold the pictures folder was...
  5. restore pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore pictures: lost pictures after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-pictures/789db85b-ac88-40ae-ae5b-5c823c36c2bd
  6. Pictures deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures deleted: So I was trying to find some old pictures I saved but when I opened the Pictures folder all of them were gone. I never deleted them and no other files have been deleted as far as I can tell.I'm not sure how long it's been since they were deleted so. I've tried going into...
  7. Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted pictures unwantedly restored after sync: I spent a lot of time going through thousands of pictures and deleting half of them. They were all on my offline Laptop OneDrive, sync was paused and battery saving mode activated. When I was done I deactivated the battery saving mode, OneDrive started synchronising and...
  8. Deleting Background Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Background Pictures: Hi, I have a picture in my background that I want to remove. If I go browse - it's not there, If I select the picture in "choose your picture" - it's there How do I remove it totally?...
  9. restoring deleted pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    restoring deleted pictures: how to restore deleted pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-deleted-pictures/367a3716-fbc7-4d80-b25d-74dc9555be67"
  10. help in restoring accidentally deleted folder in "Pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    help in restoring accidentally deleted folder in "Pictures" folder?: hi all, i connected my iphone to my laptop to transfer my photos from my phone to my laptop, so that i could delete the photos in phone to reduce storage. but, i ran into a problem when i put all the transferred photos in a folder then i moved the folder to the "pictures"...