Windows 10: restore deleted things from onedrive

Discus and support restore deleted things from onedrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is it possible to restore my documents folder on onedrive? I thought I was just deleting it on OneDrive and I even deleted the stuff in the deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djnoc1, Jan 20, 2020.

1. djnoc1 Win User

restore deleted things from onedrive

is it possible to restore my documents folder on onedrive? I thought I was just deleting it on OneDrive and I even deleted the stuff in the deleted folder but I ended up deleting things on my physical drive. Is it possible to restore this somehow or should I reinstall my OS?

:)

djnoc1, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize how frustrating these things can be.
    We at Microsoft prioritize our customers’ satisfaction. I appreciate the time you have taken to work on this issue.

I suggest you to refer the steps from the article
    Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive

to restore the files and check if that helps.

You can also contact the OneDrive support team by following the steps mentioned below:

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 20, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (Crestore deleted things from onedrive :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (Crestore deleted things from onedrive :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. restore deleted things from onedrive - Similar Threads - restore deleted things

2. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  3. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  4. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  6. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  7. Deleting from multiple onedrives

Deleting from multiple onedrives: I have 2 onedrives. 1 for personal and 1 for work. They are both linked to my work computer. I recently discovered that all my personal onedrive files have downloaded to my hard drive and my work onedrive and vice versa as well as my hard drive being synced to both onedrives....
  8. Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry: Hi, All looking for feedback from the community. I was trying to clean up my OneDrive account by unlinking the account and then deleting it via the Registry Editor menu. When I try to now install the a new instance of Business OneDrive it keeps giving me error. It prompts me...
  9. Files not deleting from OneDrive

Files not deleting from OneDrive: Files are not deleted from my OneDrive folder on my PC. Tried deleting them online & it did. While trying to open an image I was also getting an "Invalid value for registry" error. Vijay...
  10. Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive: Good God Microsoft?! OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I go to the recycle bin, find them, select them and click "restore" and it tells me it is restoring, but progress is null....