Windows 10: restore desktop icons positions to previous

Discus and support restore desktop icons positions to previous in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set my Desktop icons in a personal way. Whenever I go to PCaccess to PC the icons moved to a different unwanted position. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EUGENEYOUNG1, Apr 23, 2020.

1. restore desktop icons positions to previous

I set my Desktop icons in a personal way. Whenever I go to PCaccess to PC the icons moved to a different unwanted position. Help!

:)

EUGENEYOUNG1, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

How to prevent desktop icons from changing positions

Hi Stephen,

There are various reasons why you're experiencing the issue. Let us isolate your concern by enabling the
    Auto arrange icons option, and then disabling it to see if the issue will persist. To do this follow these steps:

• Go to the Desktop screen, and then right click anywhere.
    • Hover your mouse on View.
    • Select Auto arrange icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if your Desktop icons are still in the right position after clicking the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • If your Desktop icons are in the right position, repeat steps 1-3 to disable the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • Customize the position of your Desktop icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if the issue will occur.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Apr 23, 2020
  3. kklaatu Win User
    save desktop icon positions

how can i save and restore desktop icon positions?

kklaatu, Apr 23, 2020
  4. TheRene Win User

restore desktop icons positions to previous

Desktop Icons - Problem remembering icon positioning + random sorting

Hi all,

I have a small issue where every once in a while my desktop icons would not remember their previous position, and I had to sort them again. This problem still occurs, but now I can even reproduce the issue 100% by moving 1 set icon to a new position that will cause all icons to become unsorted.

Here is a clip showing part of the issue:

I want to mention that I run a 3 monitor setup, and the desktop icons in on the second (non primary) monitor.

Anyone have any suggestions how to solve this, or does Windows need to patch it?

Cheers

TheRene, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

restore desktop icons positions to previous

1. restore desktop icons positions to previous - Similar Threads - restore desktop icons

2. Desktop icon position fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  3. Desktop icon position fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  4. Windows 11 desktop icons revert to previous position after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop icons revert to previous position after restart.: Dual Monitor setup, just switched to Windows 11, RTX2070 Super, have checked and tried almost every bit of advice I could find apart from downloading desktop management programs.Icons just will not stay in place after a restart and it's infuriating as I have quite a few and...
  5. Windows 11 desktop icons revert to previous position after restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop icons revert to previous position after restart.: Dual Monitor setup, just switched to Windows 11, RTX2070 Super, have checked and tried almost every bit of advice I could find apart from downloading desktop management programs.Icons just will not stay in place after a restart and it's infuriating as I have quite a few and...
  6. How to Save restore desktop icons position

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Save restore desktop icons position: How to Save restore desktop icons position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-restore-desktop-icons-position/2bdc389e-d970-4621-a3a6-5643dfee1343
  7. Desktop Icons changing position

Desktop Icons changing position: Running WIN10 home Every so often my desktop flashes and some of my icons have changed position. Can anyone explain t his and how I can stop it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changing-position/934e8501-fdfb-46d0-998d-3b15d4dc677a
  8. Desktop icon positions

Desktop icon positions: Currently my desktop icons are on a fixed grid. I would like to change them back to a custom grid where I can control their position relative to each other. How do I get rid of the fixed grid?...
  9. Lock desktop icons positions?

Lock desktop icons positions?: I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs? 86732
  10. icon position file: locate and restore?

in Windows 10 Support
    icon position file: locate and restore?: Lately on WHEA error restarts, windows rearranges all the icons on my desktop. Is there a file that logs \ maintains these positions? Is it possible to 1) archive the file & 2) use the archive to restore (desktop) icons to their original positions? Doubt this question is...