Windows 10: restore desktop icons

Discus and support restore desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have lost all my desk top icons and the Recycle Bin. I have tried to restore it from a backup, but it doesn't do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbD47, Sep 12, 2018.

1. BarbD47 Win User

restore desktop icons

I have lost all my desk top icons and the Recycle Bin. I have tried to restore it from a backup, but it doesn't do anything

:)

BarbD47, Sep 12, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 12, 2018
  4. restore desktop icons

One account has desktop icons the other doesnt

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue and sorry for delayed response.

Try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Click the Search button on the taskbar, type desktop icon in the empty box, and tap
      Show or hide common icons on the desktop in the list.
    • Choose a changed desktop icon (e.g. Network), and tap
      Restore Default
      button. After that, follow suit to restore other desktop icons.

restore desktop icons select-network-icon-and-tap-restore-default.png

• Tap OK to make the changes effective.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

restore desktop icons

1. restore desktop icons - Similar Threads - restore desktop icons

2. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  3. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  4. How to Save restore desktop icons position

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Save restore desktop icons position: How to Save restore desktop icons position https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-restore-desktop-icons-position/2bdc389e-d970-4621-a3a6-5643dfee1343
  5. Restore desktop

Restore desktop: My desktop configuration, along with the taskbar config disappeared while I was editing and saving a PrintScreen. All applications, files, etc still exist, but require workarounds to access. Any thoughts about how to restore my desktop and taskbar settings?...
  6. restore icons

restore icons: How do I restore and save shortcut desktop icons after deleting cookies and browsing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-icons/d6e8bb5e-101c-450e-bb34-137e55d9b48a
  7. restore desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore desktop: How to restore desktop on new computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-desktop/975e2c39-62a0-4110-b6e6-77e9d39fba2f
  8. restore desktop icons positions to previous

restore desktop icons positions to previous: I set my Desktop icons in a personal way. Whenever I go to PCaccess to PC the icons moved to a different unwanted position. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-desktop-icons-positions-to-previous/21fb17d4-20a9-4228-a14a-27ce69e9a978
  9. Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop: I recently upgraded to Microsoft 10. The Epson Scanner icon is missing from the desktop. How can I restore the scanner icon to the desktop? Thank you...
  10. Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Desktop Folder Icon in Windows The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for...