Windows 10: Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder

Discus and support Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer allows users to group the files by Date, File size, Type, Size, or None. However, now, Windows 10 users have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder

WinClub, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 25, 2019
  4. 409409409 Win User

Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Restore Display view

2. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  3. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  4. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  5. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 Pro 19042 explorer download folder group by date modified bug

Windows 10 Pro 19042 explorer download folder group by date modified bug: Windows 10 Pro 19042 explorer download folder group by date modified bug will not stay on sort by none after it switches to sort by date modified. I can reset to ort by none, then click view and then options, then view in folder options, then click Apply To Folders and OK,...
  7. Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER

Stopping the grouping of Downloads folder by date modified FOREVER: Hi All, The first beauty I've discovered following my recent corporate W10 upgrade to build 10.0.18363.1198 it is that the Downloads folder keeps getting sorted by date modified no matter what. I switch to View, go to Group By and select None there, after which it lasts a...
  8. Random folders (existing and new) appear in the Group By: Date Modified view

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random folders (existing and new) appear in the Group By: Date Modified view: I've done the "Apply to Folders" fix from a folder that wasn't grouped by date but it didn't stick. Random folders would appear in that view inconsistently. Thank you in advance :) Windows 10 20H2 Pro 64-bit (though it's been that way for awhile now) submitted by...
  9. User download folder has filed grouped by 'date modified' every reboot... any ideas?

User download folder has filed grouped by 'date modified' every reboot... any ideas?: [Windows 10 Pro Build 1909, issue has existed since Build 1903] Summary: User download folder has files grouped together by 'Date Modified, and regroups every login not saving settings of turning grouping off. Steps to reproduce: - Open Explorer, and browse to User Folder...
  10. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 view date modified

2. downloads folder show in group view