Windows 10: Restore down bug

Discus and support Restore down bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of window, Microsoft Edge, and Excel (Home and Student 2019) are (1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fc 1, Nov 16, 2019.

1. fc 1 Win User

Restore down bug

An error persists in this new Dell Windows 10 desktop. The preferred sizes of window, Microsoft Edge, and Excel (Home and Student 2019) are (1) maximize and (2) 10” wide by full length of monitor anchored on the monitor’s top left corner. However, after clicking Restore Down in maximize, the smaller window always has wrong dimensions of 10” wide by 6” long. The bottom boarder must be repeatedly extended. Excel is even worse; it doesn’t anchor on the top left corner. Google Chrome does NOT have this problem, weird.

All Windows updates have been installed. Two methods recommended by the following website don’t help.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restore-down-bug/936c2a15-5787-475a-960b-eff6d529d2cc?auth=1

1. In (Tablet mode), (When I sign in) was changed to (Use the appropriate mode for my hardware) and restarted numerous times.

2. From maximize

a. disable the navigation pane

b. restore down shrinks to 10” x 6”

c. resize it to 10” by (full length of monitor)

d. enable navigation pane

e. maximize

f. restore down

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore down bug [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2019
  3. windows 10 bugs

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting your reply with required information.

I suggest you to perform a System Restore by following the steps provided below:

• In the login screen, hold the “Shift” key and click on power icon and click on
      Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on System Restore and follow the prompts to restore the system.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

Restore down bug

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Restore down bug

1. Restore down bug - Similar Threads - Restore down bug

2. Restore Down Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Down Not Working: Maximize/Restore Down feature isn't working. I need to be able to split screen for work. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-not-working/1e79c2d2-d647-4950-9623-7fb43c9f82ea
  3. Restore Down Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Down Not Working: Maximize/Restore Down feature isn't working. I need to be able to split screen for work. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-not-working/1e79c2d2-d647-4950-9623-7fb43c9f82ea
  4. Restore Down Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Down issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Down issue: This might sound wired but I like my apps to restore down in a particular way. For example: I have messenger app installed in my PC and I want it to restore down and appear like this:but... Everytime I reboot my computer it switches to this :Is there any way I can force apps...
  6. Shortcut for restore down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut for restore down.: Going to keep it breif, whats the shorcut to restory down an app in windows 10, since i cant find any answers in a search, thanks :). submitted by /u/vladmir-lennin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivb384/shortcut_for_restore_down/
  7. Shut Down Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut Down Bug: Yesterday I tried to turn off windows but it didn't work. I don't know how to explain exactly what happened. It's like it started turning off but stopped for some reason. My desktop was still on but I couldn't open some apps or windows explorer. The task manager was working...
  8. Restore down icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore down icon: The restore down icon on top RH corner of screen does not work anymore, any rem.edies would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-icon/3337f1f5-4e9f-4874-9f64-dc477a92dd73
  9. Scrolling down menus bug

Scrolling down menus bug: Hi everyone. Just wanted to report a bug and a solution. Start menu scrolling down itself, same thing in Onenote, the configuration menu etc. just as if the down touch was pressed... ! But not in Word or other things. Just with some menus. I realized my gamepad was...
  10. Max/restore down

Max/restore down: The maximize / restore down button in the upper right corner of the menu bar does not work in windows 10 Version 1803. I have confirmed that my laptop is set to desktop mode and not tablet....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore down windows 10