Windows 10: "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try

Discus and support "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Another "fix" to try for "Restore button" not working...After completing Win Defender Offline Scan tonight, May 22/22, my restore button stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HelpingRose, May 23, 2022.

1. "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try

Another "fix" to try for "Restore button" not working...After completing Win Defender Offline Scan tonight, May 22/22, my restore button stopped working. Spent an hour or more trying various solutions including the one which shows up most often here - disabling tablet mode. For me, that did not work. But I did find the solution at Quicken's website... not here on Windows 10 or Microsoft forum where one might expect to find it!So thought I'd add it here for anyone else in this particular agony!1.Snap the fully opened window to the left or right side of the screen. Select the open window and p

:)

HelpingRose, May 23, 2022

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, May 23, 2022
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 23, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

"Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 23, 2022
Thema:

"Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try

1. "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try - Similar Threads - Restore Down button

2. Restore Down Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Down Not Working: Maximize/Restore Down feature isn't working. I need to be able to split screen for work. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-not-working/1e79c2d2-d647-4950-9623-7fb43c9f82ea
  3. Restore Down Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Down Not Working: Maximize/Restore Down feature isn't working. I need to be able to split screen for work. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-not-working/1e79c2d2-d647-4950-9623-7fb43c9f82ea
  4. Restore Down Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Maximize/Restore Down Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  6. Maximize/Restore Down Button

Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  7. "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try: Another "fix" to try for "Restore button" not working...After completing Win Defender Offline Scan tonight, May 22/22, my restore button stopped working. Spent an hour or more trying various solutions including the one which shows up most often here - disabling tablet mode....
  8. "Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try

"Restore Down" button not working - another fix to try: Another "fix" to try for "Restore button" not working...After completing Win Defender Offline Scan tonight, May 22/22, my restore button stopped working. Spent an hour or more trying various solutions including the one which shows up most often here - disabling tablet mode....
  9. Restore Down Button is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Down Button is not working: How to enable Restore Down Button in Windows 10? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-button-is-not-working/f588def0-b650-4d57-974c-0ca72f76ea35"
  10. Restore Down Button on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Down Button on Windows 10: Restore down button does not work. I found this topic on another forum but the answers did not show. Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-button-on-windows-10/100f0fb5-b6f2-4a06-8930-7b13e6ce6ec8