Windows 10: Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?

Discus and support Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Doe anyone have a workaround to run Edge legacy on 20H2? I use Chromium Edge for my browsing, but for marking up PDFs Edge legacy is far superior. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TrigFunction30, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?

Doe anyone have a workaround to run Edge legacy on 20H2? I use Chromium Edge for my browsing, but for marking up PDFs Edge legacy is far superior. If they could separate the PDF reader out of old Edge and retain it as a separate app it would be perfect, that's all I want it for. But I have a 1300 page textbook that loads so slow in new Edge and is laggy when it scrolls

submitted by /u/TrigFunction30
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TrigFunction30, Jan 18, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 18, 2021
  3. How to remove Edge Legacy from standard browser-choice ?

I thought the Edge legacy gets removed when edge is updated to Edge chromium
    Have you tried uninstalling edge and installing it again
    I don't know what else to suggest *Huh

eroopli123, Jan 18, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2?

1. Restore Edge Legacy on 20H2? - Similar Threads - Restore Edge Legacy

2. Legacy Backup/Restore utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Backup/Restore utility: Windows 10 provides only the the legacy Backup/Restore utility, which, as I understand it, MS does no longer support.Does Windows 11 bring a new automated Backup/Restore functionality beyond just backing up to the cloud?...
  3. Legacy Backup/Restore utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy Backup/Restore utility: Windows 10 provides only the the legacy Backup/Restore utility, which, as I understand it, MS does no longer support.Does Windows 11 bring a new automated Backup/Restore functionality beyond just backing up to the cloud?...
  4. BUG : microsoft actually did not remove the legacy edge in the windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BUG : microsoft actually did not remove the legacy edge in the windows 10 20H2: hi , microsoft kind of did not remove the legacy edge while replacing it with chromium edge , and this can be taken as kind of glitch or bug whatever ppl think . take a look at the screenshot below : [ATTACH]...
  5. Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side?: Hello, I would like to have legacy Edge and chromium Edge side by side. Unfortunately, I don not know how to. I've followed a lot of on;ine tutorials, but I still do not know how to do so. Can someone help, please? Thanks....
  6. Microsoft Edge Legacy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Legacy: I cannot uninstall Edge Chromium, and even though I tried all the other solutions, it says "Uninstalling Microsoft Edge is disabled by your administrator." And then there is a UAC User Account Control Prompt when I try to delete it. [ATTACH] [Domain covered for Privacy]...
  7. Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer use Edge Legacy as a pdf reader once I installed the 20H2 update: Is there a way to bring it back? Edge Chromium is still an inferior browser for looking at PDFs.. submitted by /u/RoiteTrom36 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfhn44/can_no_longer_use_edge_legacy_as_a_pdf_reader/
  8. Cannot watch videos on Edge. Issue not happening on Edge Legacy

Cannot watch videos on Edge. Issue not happening on Edge Legacy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if42nv/cannot_watch_videos_on_edge_issue_not_happening/
  9. Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?

Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?: My Legacy Edge browser is falling apart. The share and printing features completely stopped working. Id like to remove it completely and install the new Chromium-based Edge (Stable). I really don't like the idea of having both browsers installed on the same machine....
  10. Restore legacy sticky notes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore legacy sticky notes.: I recently did a fresh installation of my windows (build 1803 re-installation), and instead of backing up the .sqlite file for the sticky notes, I backed up the StickyNotes.snt file found in %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes. How can I restore my sticky notes using this .snt...