Windows 10: Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop

Discus and support Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Microsoft 10. The Epson Scanner icon is missing from the desktop. How can I restore the scanner icon to the desktop? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RayleeElliott Burns, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop

I recently upgraded to Microsoft 10. The Epson Scanner icon is missing from the desktop.

How can I restore the scanner icon to the desktop?

Thank you

:)

RayleeElliott Burns, Apr 2, 2020

2. How to add Epson desktop scanner icon

I just purchased new PC with Windows 10. I am trying to figure where to find or how to download the Epson Scanner Icon on my desktop?? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Epson Scanner Icon- Original Title

Toni D. 67, Apr 2, 2020
  3. huha Win User
    Find a driver for Epson Perfection 1240U Photo scanner on Windows 10 64 bit

I found a solution here.

(translated the following steps from german. Sorry if it's not exactly translated.)

• Search the Win10 64 bit driver for the Epson Perfection 2400 scanner
    • I found "Epson Scan 3.0.4 17-Jul-2009 20.68MBs" and installed it. The installer asks for the scanner model. I only selected EPSON Perfection 2400.
    • Connecting the scanner afterwards needs some manual help: Go to device manager and find the EPSON Perfection 1240. Manually install the driver from the context menu - Update driver... - Browse my computer... - Let me pick from a list...
    • Select Imaging devices
    • EPSON Perfection 2400
    • Done

The scanner is shown as EPSON Perfection 2400 instead of EPSON Perfection 1240. But it works.

On the german epson support page there is also an update for the driver "EPSON Scan Updater 1.0 13-Jul-2018 0.72MBs". I also installed this afterwards with success.
    Probably the english version "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" has this update already included.

huha, Apr 2, 2020
  4. ARichard Win User

Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop :)

ARichard, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop

1. Restore Epson Scanner icon to desktop - Similar Threads - Restore Epson Scanner

2. Help connection Epson ES-500W Scanner to desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help connection Epson ES-500W Scanner to desktop: Epson printer will not connect to computer. How do I fix that? I have held down internet button on scanner and seems to have wifi but still not connecting. There is a red exclamation mark flashing....
  3. Epson Scanner

Epson Scanner: My Epson WF3520 scanner won't work with my new Windows 10 laptop. It does fine on my old Windows 7 laptop. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scanner/1588806c-5783-4df2-b664-59662731cdf3
  4. my epson scanner will not work

my epson scanner will not work: I updated from win 7 to win 10 now my epson xp 202 scanner will not work the printer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epson-scanner-will-not-work/d99d586d-1b82-4ea7-bfa8-5ef8e358e182
  5. V600 Epson scanner

V600 Epson scanner: I have a computer with window 10 and have downloaded drivers for Epson V600 scanner. It fails to work. Googled the problem and other people have the same issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/v600-epson-scanner/9763feef-93af-452f-8c14-eb60e252c7fa
  6. Epson scanner

Epson scanner: Scanner stopped working. It will scan one item when I first log in then I get an error message each time I try to scan further items. Telling me the scanner is not connected. Have tried to follow the advice to connect it using the help section but none of what I am told to do...
  7. Epson sx200 Printer Scanner

Epson sx200 Printer Scanner: I recently purchase a new PC with Win 10. My Printer/Scanner worked perfectly with Win 7 but now I only get a generic Windows interface and not the Epson Creativity suite that I used to control the scanner in win 7. I have tried updating drivers but I still can't get the...
  8. Epson WF-2540 scanner

Epson WF-2540 scanner: Unable to connect to scanner. Any help would be appreciated. I'm technology challenged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-wf-2540-scanner/60973b78-e8fb-4a3f-a9dc-37c7ccd120a1
  9. restore desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore desktop icons: I have lost all my desk top icons and the Recycle Bin. I have tried to restore it from a backup, but it doesn't do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/restore-desktop-icons/ff92347b-d559-4dfe-9837-18c5be4fb0e4
  10. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson scanner scans but does not save

2. How to add printer icons to screen