Windows 10: Restore everything on the home screen after restart?

Discus and support Restore everything on the home screen after restart? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm remotely helping my aging parents on a weekly basis with really frustrating and simple issues of accidentally deleted shortcuts to apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gustafgoodstuff, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Restore everything on the home screen after restart?

I'm remotely helping my aging parents on a weekly basis with really frustrating and simple issues of accidentally deleted shortcuts to apps, magnification settings in the Web browser etc and it's driving me crazy because they keep forgetting what they did wrong. If I search for "locking home screen settings, icons" etc, all searches are related to the lock screen which is not what I need. There must be a way to have windows restart with a predetermined look, shortcuts etc; either built in or through a 3rd party app. This must be very common in schools etc but I can't find anything suitable...

submitted by /u/gustafgoodstuff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gustafgoodstuff, Sep 7, 2022

2. How can I restore my screen resolution to when it was before Windows forced me to update?

Hello,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Restore everything on the home screen after restart?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Restore everything on the home screen after restart?

1. Restore everything on the home screen after restart? - Similar Threads - Restore everything home

2. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  3. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  4. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone after restart: Last night, I opened my computer to see the blue screen saying that my computer had encountered a problem and needed to restart and said it will collect the info and would restart it for me. Once it reached 100%, it stayed like that for a very long time. Now I usually...
  5. Everything is gone after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Restore colored shutdown/restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore colored shutdown/restart screen: Hello,I've just switched to Windows 11 and I absolutely don't like the black shutdown/restart/update/Ctrl+Alt+Del screen which had the chosen accent color in Windows 10.Is there a way to restore the colored screen?Thank you in advance....
  7. Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart: I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my...
  8. Windows resets itself, but everything is restored after a restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows resets itself, but everything is restored after a restart: I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my...
  9. Lost everything after restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything after restart.: I tried logging in to my computer as I usually do and it kept telling me that I couldnt login, which is odd, but I had to get on a zoom call so quickly so I just restarted my computer. After a few minutes my sign in screen came back up displaying my name like normal, let me...
  10. Home Screen on Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Screen on Restart: I have a new desktop running Windows 10. If I shut down and start it up I don't have a problem. However, if I use restart the task bar shows up, if I open one of the aps on the task bar (i.e. Google, Email, or any thing else the task bar reflects that the aps are there, but...