Windows 10: Restore external disc drive on Windows 10

Discus and support Restore external disc drive on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The D drive I've been using to play discs on an external player has suddenly vanished without trace. How can I restore it, please? 158293 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by donjuanuk, Jun 12, 2020.

1. donjuanuk Win User

Restore external disc drive on Windows 10

The D drive I've been using to play discs on an external player has suddenly vanished without trace. How can I restore it, please?

:)

donjuanuk, Jun 12, 2020
  2. L.C.S. Win User

external disc drive

I have an external disc drive which my laptop recognizes once plugged in. However upon selecting the external disc drive (D) and inserting a cd nothing happens and I cannot name the cd in the drive, open it or upload it. It's obvious that I'm missing
    something and require technical help. Anyone with a solution or suggestion? Thank you.

L.C.S., Jun 12, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Restore external disc drive on Windows 10

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Restore external disc drive on Windows 10

1. Restore external disc drive on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore external disc

2. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About my external disc drive: I bought a external disc drive for my laptop and it said it was blocked for my protection but I follow the prompts that I read and my screen on my laptop went black...
  3. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About my external disc drive: I bought a external disc drive for my laptop and it said it was blocked for my protection but I follow the prompts that I read and my screen on my laptop went black...
  4. About my external disc drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External disc drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External disc drive doesn't work: External disc drive does not work with Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-drive-doesnt-work/47a2fc9a-5b75-4548-944f-9d19edfbe7bf
  6. External disc drive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External disc drive doesn't work: External disc drive does not work with Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disc-drive-doesnt-work/47a2fc9a-5b75-4548-944f-9d19edfbe7bf
  7. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  8. Restore Disc Image for new System Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Disc Image for new System Drive: Background Old HDD is running Windows 10. Used Macrium Reflect to IMAGE to external drive. Now I want to use Macrium Reflect to restore to new SSD. My uncertainty: It looks like my current C: (HDD) is System Reserved (MBR) - see attached. Not really an issue, but I just want...
  9. LG slim external disc drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG slim external disc drive problem: I have the LG slim external drive which is generally good and reads all discs so far except it is failing to read Maxell CD-R discs from a few years ago. Can this be fixed or do I need to buy another type of external drive? I am using windows 10....
  10. Restore Point with External Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point with External Drives: Hello. I have a question about restore points with external drives. If I create a restore point into an external drive. And if I reset my Windows PC, will the restore point not be deleted from my external drive? Please leave your answers down below. I will appreciate them....