Windows 10: restore factory defaults in personalization

Discus and support restore factory defaults in personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What are the default criteria for "Appearance and Personalization" in Control Panel. I need to restore the original values.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LonVinyard, Nov 5, 2018.

1. restore factory defaults in personalization

What are the default criteria for "Appearance and Personalization" in Control Panel.

I need to restore the original values.

:)

LonVinyard, Nov 5, 2018

2. Restoring the N900 to factory defaults

Due to much meddling of my own my N900 is now in a very interesting (mostly usable) state. I was wondering if there is a simple way I can attach my device to my computer and restore it to factory defaults (software wise). Reflashing the device does not
    restore all default settings. I want to remove all user added/edited files as well as restore the default partition layout of the device.

Suggestions?

~Jeff

Jeff91---01, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Restoring to factory setting and deleting personal content

Hi there

My phone has a faulty screen that does not show anything but everything else works fine. I am giving it to someone but I want to delete all personal content from it and restore it to factory default settings. How do I do that via PC Suite?

Thanks

luizgguidi, Nov 5, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

restore factory defaults in personalization

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

restore factory defaults in personalization

1. restore factory defaults in personalization - Similar Threads - restore factory defaults

2. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  3. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  4. Restore to Factory Default- Laptop windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore to Factory Default- Laptop windows 7: Hello Can anyone tell me how to restore windows 7 back to it's Factory Default ?Thanks Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-default-laptop-windows-7/adca5fe1-9347-4b9f-93d7-e99efcbb316e
  5. Restore to Factory Default- Laptop windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore to Factory Default- Laptop windows 7: Hello Can anyone tell me how to restore windows 7 back to it's Factory Default ?Thanks Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-default-laptop-windows-7/adca5fe1-9347-4b9f-93d7-e99efcbb316e
  6. Factory Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Restore: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop for the past few days, I’ve moved all my photos/videos/documents ECT onto a external storage. There is literally nothing else I could possibly remove or delete from this laptop to free up more space but it keeps saying I need to free up...
  7. restore to factory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to factory: Is there a way to restore my notebook to factory condition without shutting it down to log in as admin. I have access denied and have tried deleting files and probably won’t reboot for me as it looks like I have ni info in any of my files. Someone else is using my...
  8. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  9. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  10. Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Location of Your Personal Folders in Windows 10 You can change the location of the folders in your personal folder (such as Documents and Pictures) by redirecting them. For example,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore default personalization windows 10

2. restore personalisation and appearance to factory settings