Windows 10: Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

Discus and support Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is an ongoing issue. "System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk" An unspecified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by K EOhrn, Sep 2, 2020.

1. K EOhrn Win User

Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

This is an ongoing issue.

"System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory

Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk"

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80071ac5"

:)

K EOhrn, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Macrium restore failed: Error 100

Like dalchina, I can find no reference to error 100.

But looking at your screenshots, it is not the restore as such that's failing. It is the automatic restore that's failing to find the marker file or the image to restore. As you say, it seems to think the source and destination are the same.

I'd try booting from a Macrium rescue usb to attempt the restore, thereby side-stepping the errors seen when attempting to start the restore from within Windows.

Bree, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Macrium restore failed: Error 100

@moderators: changed status from "Solved" to "Unsolved"

Hi @Bree, it turns out that that which MR calls 'Source' is the source from which the backup originally was made. (Which, although confusing at first glance, is logical bc you want to know which backup files you want to restore.) So that is correct.

I did try the Rescue usb but it gave the same outcome: MR does not show the (GPT2 disk's) B: partition in a list of available drives. Why??

Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5 [​IMG]

My disks:

Unfortunately I'm no good on matters regarding boot, mount, diskpart, etc.

What can I do to make MR 'see' the B: partition after booting into PE-mode?

win10trial, Sep 2, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5 - Similar Threads - Restore Fails error

2. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result....
  3. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result....
  4. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Impossible to complete Recovery system. Error not specified 0x80071ac5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to complete Recovery system. Error not specified 0x80071ac5: Hi,Microsoft assistance has tried a recovery system operation to solve an issue for my Usb webcam device that wasn't recognize, but the recovery system hasn't been completed, it shows always this error after the recovery operation : After this error I have remove one OneDrive...
  6. Impossible to complete Recovery system. Error not specified 0x80071ac5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to complete Recovery system. Error not specified 0x80071ac5: Hi,Microsoft assistance has tried a recovery system operation to solve an issue for my Usb webcam device that wasn't recognize, but the recovery system hasn't been completed, it shows always this error after the recovery operation : After this error I have remove one OneDrive...
  7. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: This is random. I have several Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business synced and it comes back with random errors but always OneDrive file/ folder as the issue....
  8. Macrium restore failed: Error 100

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium restore failed: Error 100: Hi guys, since a few month I run Macrium Reflect Home v7.2.x (paid version) and run daily back ups, but until yesterday I never had to restore an image. However, yesterday an update for my vpn client messed things up (solved now), so I had to restore an image. It did not...
  9. System Restore failed - with error codes

System Restore failed - with error codes: Dell 15-3552, Windows 10 Home v1903, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I accidentally deleted some programs. Although I use Marcium on a external drive once a month, now learnt my mistake to do it more often. I used System Restore to restore to the last created point 2...
  10. restore fails with error 0x80071160

restore fails with error 0x80071160: I try to run a restore and get this error on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-fails-with-error-0x80071160/cb886f51-9e4f-4e8a-9e19-2d5af8ab13cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80071ac5 windows 10

2. 0x80071ac5

3. win10系统还原 0x80071ac5错误

4. 0x80071ac5.