Windows 10: Restore Favicons To Desktop

Discus and support Restore Favicons To Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can only see a few of the favicons on my desktop, for the shortcut links to websites, is there a way to restore them?? I used to see a lot more.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeFromSd, Jun 25, 2020.

1. JoeFromSd Win User

Restore Favicons To Desktop

I can only see a few of the favicons on my desktop, for the shortcut links to websites, is there a way to restore them?? I used to see a lot more. About the only ones I can see are the ones to this MS support website.

Restore Favicons To Desktop 7e277b76-bbda-4287-ab0a-22de1836fa5c?upload=true.png

:)

JoeFromSd, Jun 25, 2020

2. Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

Try creating a new Internet Shortcut for this site.

Delete the existing Favorite.

Go to the website and make the IE window small enough that there is some Desktop showing.

Hold down Shift and drag the sites Favicon from the Address Bar to the Desktop.

Open your Favorites folder at "C:\Users\account name\Favorites" and drag the Internet Shortcut you've just created into that folder (or sub-folder)

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Hugo 12 Win User
    Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

All but one of my Favicons are working.

Found the favicon listed in the files but will not show on the favorites list??

Recently imported the favorites list to this computer and ended up with this odd ball favicon. How can one not work and how would I reset it?

I use IE11, have no use for the non-robust EDGE.

Hugo 12, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Restore Favicons To Desktop

Restore Missing Favicons (icons under My Favorites bookmarks): I landed on a solution

Thanks for your reply. The favicons were originally there in my computer. I had some problem with Internet Explorer 11 and in the online chat with an HP Support Agent he suggested that I do a Reset. That did not solve the issue but caused all items in the
    favorites list to disappear, and when I added them back they were without favicons for most sites.

Based on your answer, does it mean that if I do nothing, eventually the favicons would still come back? In my past experience with other computers and operating systems, favicons had disappeared sometimes for reasons unknown to me but after a while then
    mysteriously reappeared. I still have not found any answer in the Internet that solves this problem in a systematic manner.

HenryWong1, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Restore Favicons To Desktop

1. Restore Favicons To Desktop - Similar Threads - Restore Favicons Desktop

2. Win 11 desktop webpage favicons disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 desktop webpage favicons disappear: I have a new computer that has Windows 11. I've spent over a week slowly moving things over from my old Windows 10 computer. I've had a lot of issues, but I finally have everything stable. The one issue that keeps coming up is desktop favicons. I have about 20 web pages that...
  3. Win 11 desktop webpage favicons disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 desktop webpage favicons disappear: I have a new computer that has Windows 11. I've spent over a week slowly moving things over from my old Windows 10 computer. I've had a lot of issues, but I finally have everything stable. The one issue that keeps coming up is desktop favicons. I have about 20 web pages that...
  4. App favicons disappeared

App favicons disappeared: I had to at least try to do a System Restore on my Windows 11 upgraded from W10 laptop. I found that many of my apps' favicons had vanished. When I right-click on the Apps List entry, all I see is an "Unpin from Start" command and nothing else that is, no "Run as...
  5. Favicon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favicon: Did Microsoft drop support for Favicon? Used to be, just about every web-site would have an icon that would be displayed when saving a URL link on the Windows desktop. I am using chrome, but Favicon seems to be broken with Edge too. Now, every link gets the Icon for the host...
  6. Favicon

Favicon: Did Microsoft drop support for Favicon? Used to be, just about every web-site would have an icon that would be displayed when saving a URL link on the Windows desktop. I am using chrome, but Favicon seems to be broken with Edge too. Now, every link gets the Icon for the host...
  7. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  8. Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring favicons on Chrome toolbar: Have reinstalled Chrome as was on the verge of moving over to Firefox but thought I'd give it one more go. But I now find the toolbar icons are all default and I've no idea what I'm clicking on. Is there anyway of restoring the favicons painlessly? 161382
  9. Ms Edge and favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge and favicons.: About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc news and ny post. Is there a way to generate them, or is this something edge is working on. Henry 61284
  10. Missing Favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Favicons.: I don't know if it's just me, but about 50% of my favicons in ms edge have a generic star. The others are ok. How do I get them to show correctly. Henry. [img] 87019