Windows 10: Restore files after damaged hard drive

Discus and support Restore files after damaged hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive died and was replaced by Dell. Fortunately I think my files were backed up to a Seagate external drive and I can find no clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by C R A, Jan 31, 2020.

1. C R A Win User

Restore files after damaged hard drive

My hard drive died and was replaced by Dell. Fortunately I think my files were backed up to a Seagate external drive and I can find no clear instructions on how to restore/move my files correctly to my new hard drive.

I have the Seagate dashboard but it doesn't seem to find my files.

Are there specific steps? I suppose I could drag and drop the photos and music but I have other files, programs and information that I would like restored back like the original.

Any suggestions?

:)

C R A, Jan 31, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Restore files after damaged hard drive - Similar Threads - Restore files damaged

2. getting windows after hard drive getting damaged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting windows after hard drive getting damaged: My hard drive ran into problem and I couldn't get a backup also. So I don't know how I can install a new windows after installing a new hard drive. How can I contact Microsoft and How can I prove to them that I already have a windows license?...
  3. getting windows after hard drive getting damaged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting windows after hard drive getting damaged: My hard drive ran into problem and I couldn't get a backup also. So I don't know how I can install a new windows after installing a new hard drive. How can I contact Microsoft and How can I prove to them that I already have a windows license?...
  4. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  5. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  6. Trying to restore damaged photo files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to restore damaged photo files: Hello,I have some old photo files that I am trying to access. When I open the file, I get a prompt that says it’s corrupt, damaged or file is too large. I have attempted to open these on various programs. The files are mostly JPG files. These photo files were used/opened on...
  7. Hard drive damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive damaged: I'm not able to partition my disk inspite of repeated trials. Is it possible my HDD is damaged? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-damaged/489371b3-6aec-4830-9211-a9b21bf4c79c
  8. Is my hard drive damaged?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive damaged?: [ATTACH] So I have several related questions on my profile and if you don't have an answer to this question the other questions will certainly help you to understand. So it is best to have a look. Now to the question should my hard disk really be damaged what else can I...
  9. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive: I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone help me find it?...
  10. Is my internal hard drive damaged?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my internal hard drive damaged?: I have a 1tb internal hard drive from an old laptop that i have not used. But might have stored very little if any. I put it in an enclosure and connected it via usb to my chromebook. When i did this, i noticed it showed the files etc. But because im not that familiar with...