Windows 10: Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

Discus and support Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I restore jpeg files that were deleted from ther C drive in the last Microsoft update? These files are not in the recycle bin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidUrich, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

How do I restore jpeg files that were deleted from ther C drive in the last Microsoft update? These files are not in the recycle bin.

:)

DavidUrich, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

I worked on a video project last night. Got it edited and rendered. My work for the night was done... So I put my computer to sleep when I went to bed. It turned itself on at 3:00A.M. for the windows update installations. It woke me up and without thinking, I just turned my computer off via power button. I probably just thought it was 4AM and thought it was done with the installation. Who knows though... Like I said, I wasn't thinking when I awoke and normally people don't at that time anyway *Wink Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update. ;)

Now to get to the point. A few of my video projects that I worked on were completed erased when I did this... I am looking at the system restore points and the only available is the 3:00am (failed) system update and a few other windows updates restore points on the 10th of January.

I didn't try the restore points on the 10th but I did try the 3:00am restore and that did not recover the video file.

So now is there a way to retrieve these video files at all or is system restore my only hope even though I am not getting anywhere? Thanks

BondExtreme, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

1. Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Restore files deleted

2. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  3. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  4. how to restore a deleted file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to restore a deleted file in windows 10: I accidently deleted files from think or swim platform, is there a way to restore them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-deleted-file-in-windows-10/6c50bac5-b178-4430-bcfe-d639b99f7d3a
  5. how to restore a deleted file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore a deleted file in windows 10: I accidently deleted files from think or swim platform, is there a way to restore them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-a-deleted-file-in-windows-10/6c50bac5-b178-4430-bcfe-d639b99f7d3a
  6. how to restore a deleted file in windows 10

7. RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update: While trying to back out of issues CAUSED by the latest windows update, I had selected a MANUAL Configuration Restore point from 2 weeks ago. the RESTORE operation ""APPARENTLY" ran successfully to completion per "Windows" but it Removed all Prior manual restore points while...
  8. RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update

RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update: While trying to back out of issues CAUSED by the latest windows update, I had selected a MANUAL Configuration Restore point from 2 weeks ago. the RESTORE operation ""APPARENTLY" ran successfully to completion per "Windows" but it Removed all Prior manual restore points while...
  9. RESTORE Points deleted during apparent RESTORE of latest windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. restore deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore deleted files: I recently reinstalled windows 10 and now all my documents, pics etc. are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-deleted-files/c78c3d26-cd76-4861-9cfe-9b5cb6b12cc9