Windows 10: Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ?

Discus and support Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive that has two sets of backups (using Win 7 Backup & Restore). One set of backups is for my current PC (running Win10 after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by larrymcg, May 16, 2016.

1. larrymcg Win User

Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ?

I have an external hard drive that has two sets of backups (using Win 7 Backup & Restore). One set of backups is for my current PC (running Win10 after upgrade from Win 7) and another set of backups is for my previous PC (running Win 7). I'd like to look for something in the backups of the previous PC but I can't see how to get Win 7 Backup & Restore to access the older backups.

Is this doable?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, May 16, 2016
  2. twinde Win User

How can I restore files from backup on a different pc?.

how can I restore files from backup on a different pc?. both use windows 10.

twinde, May 16, 2016
  3. al_lea Win User
    windows-xp mobile backup.arc file extractor/restorer

backup.arc is encoded quite differently from the PC Suite backuped .nbu file. May be Nokia will include the .arc as

part of the .nbu file and left the .arc part restoring the same as a single backup.arc restoring.

al_lea, May 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 16, 2016
  5. larrymcg Win User
    I got it to work. The Backup & Restore control panel has an option to restore from another backup. I had tried that but it never showed the other backup. It turns out that the backup has to be at the root level of the disk. When I moved it there it showed up and I could access it just fine. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before??

Thanks,
    Larry

larrymcg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ? - Similar Threads - Restore Files Backup

2. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  3. Backup and Restore with File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore with File History: I'm backing up using file history. If I indicate a folder structure such as c:\Users, do all subordinate or child folders and files contained therein get backed up. I tried a test of this and it does not seem to do the backup. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing?...
  4. Difference in files/folders from backup of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in files/folders from backup of files: I copied the contents from my main hard drive to a backup hard drive and want to verify if I am missing any files. I copied my files with teracopy and verified that all files transferred and were successful. When I click on the root folder from both drives they have a...
  5. Restoring from backup not working?

Restoring from backup not working?: Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help :)...
  6. Restore ALL files from file backup (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore ALL files from file backup (Windows 10): So I just got a new computer, and I'm attempting to migrate all my files from the old computer's hard drive to the new one. So I'll list what I have tried so far: System Image Backup: I made a system image backup of my old hard drive using the built-in Windows tool,...
  7. How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?

How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?: Hi all, Hoping for a bit of advice regarding using backups to restore data. I have recently had a partial HDD failure on my data drive, it is not fully backed up but my essentials are. I am currently xcopying the contents to a replacement HDD (which seems like it is...
  8. Restoring from Redo Backup

Restoring from Redo Backup: Though I use Macrium for backup but few months back I created a Backup of one PC with Redo and saved the backup directly in pen drive but forgot to format the pen drive in NTFS and it remained Fat32. So the Redo created backup in four parts i.e part2, part3, part4 and part 5...
  9. Backup and Restore Files

Backup and Restore Files: Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum. I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft, since yesterday everything works as normal and better than the previous win7. First thing I did after completing updates and...
  10. Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored

Recovering Files from Backup -- Not All Files Restored: I recently performed a clean installation of Windows 10 after some issues I was having with the PC. The clean install went successfully with no errors along the way. Now, however, I am trying to restore files from the backup I made prior to the clean install. If I look on...