Windows 10: Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ?

Discus and support Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive that has two sets of backups (using Win 7 Backup & Restore). One set of backups is for my current PC (running Win10 after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by larrymcg, May 16, 2016.

1. larrymcg Win User

Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ?

I have an external hard drive that has two sets of backups (using Win 7 Backup & Restore). One set of backups is for my current PC (running Win10 after upgrade from Win 7) and another set of backups is for my previous PC (running Win 7). I'd like to look for something in the backups of the previous PC but I can't see how to get Win 7 Backup & Restore to access the older backups.

Is this doable?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, May 16, 2016
  2. twinde Win User

How can I restore files from backup on a different pc?.

how can I restore files from backup on a different pc?. both use windows 10.

twinde, May 16, 2016
  3. al_lea Win User
    windows-xp mobile backup.arc file extractor/restorer

backup.arc is encoded quite differently from the PC Suite backuped .nbu file. May be Nokia will include the .arc as

part of the .nbu file and left the .arc part restoring the same as a single backup.arc restoring.

al_lea, May 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 16, 2016
  5. larrymcg Win User
    I got it to work. The Backup & Restore control panel has an option to restore from another backup. I had tried that but it never showed the other backup. It turns out that the backup has to be at the root level of the disk. When I moved it there it showed up and I could access it just fine. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before??

Thanks,
    Larry

larrymcg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore Files from Backup of Different PC ? - Similar Threads - Restore Files Backup

2. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  3. Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore computer from a backup for a different computer on a different Microsoft account: I have recently purchased a new computer as my old one had been a write-off, but this new computer has a different Microsoft account attached to it. I am able to access both accounts, however I am unable to access the first computer, and the second is currently in setup. How...
  4. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  5. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  6. Restore Files from Backup

Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  7. A few files from backup aren't restored from backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few files from backup aren't restored from backup: A few weeks ago I had to make a backup of my laptop, because I sent it in to be fixed. However when I restored my files from the back up, a few files I made 2-3 weeks before I sent my laptop in didnt show up, I did turn on ''show hidden items"/searched them by name in file...
  8. A few files from backup aren't restored from backup

A few files from backup aren't restored from backup: A few weeks ago I had to make a backup of my laptop, because I sent it in to be fixed. However when I restored my files from the back up, a few files I made 2-3 weeks before I sent my laptop in didnt show up, I did turn on ''show hidden items"/searched them by name in file...
  9. Difference between File History and Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between File History and Backup and Restore: I want a complete backup of my laptop. I want EVERY file to be backed up. Which option is better: File History OR Backup and Restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-file-history-and-backup-and/eb00ff8f-d696-4e1a-8851-2326a88eeecd
  10. Difference in files/folders from backup of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in files/folders from backup of files: I copied the contents from my main hard drive to a backup hard drive and want to verify if I am missing any files. I copied my files with teracopy and verified that all files transferred and were successful. When I click on the root folder from both drives they have a...