Windows 10: Restore files

Discus and support Restore files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to create restore points every day sometimes more than once. These files are being deleted and i have no idea what could be causing it. I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TitoAvila, Jul 6, 2020.

1. TitoAvila Win User

Restore files

I have to create restore points every day sometimes more than once. These files are being deleted and i have

no idea what could be causing it. I had a tech clean out and update the Windows software, run malware programs but

it still continues. Anyone out ther have this problem?

:)

TitoAvila, Jul 6, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore files [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Pinchy Win User
    Deleted file restore software.

I cant remember if it recovers old files OR leaves new files on the computer even after you do the restore. I havent used it in a while.

Pinchy, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Restore files

Corrupt files when restored

Took me a while to answer, and follow the instructions.
    Here are the results:
    Restoring from the 2TB drive failed and the FAQ page on GetDataBack site explains this scenario (file name found but on valid data to restore on NTFS) quite well.
    Recuva software also found the files by name but they weren't valid to restore. For the next part Recuva wasn't helpful, too.
    I decided to try a different approach. I managed to find an old HDD (that I stopped using because it fell and "got" bad sectors) that had the photos. I used R-Studio program to skip those sectors (manually, they were too much for the program to ignore in sequential scan) and managed to restore all of them (I think).
    Thanks for the help.
    Hope it helps someone.

BoomBang85, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Restore files

1. Restore files - Similar Threads - Restore files

2. How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?: So what happened was the OneDrive Documents shown in grey was accidentally relocated to the Desktop OneDrive. The documents folder was restored to the default location, not the OneDrive. All files in in a folder were deleted. Anything in a folder remained in another folder on...
  3. How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?: So what happened was the OneDrive Documents shown in grey was accidentally relocated to the Desktop OneDrive. The documents folder was restored to the default location, not the OneDrive. All files in in a folder were deleted. Anything in a folder remained in another folder on...
  4. How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?: Accidentally activated OneDrive, but I want no part of it. How do I undo this and move all my files back to where they originally were? I;ve tried this: "1. Right click on the OneDrive cloud icon on the lower right on your taskbar to go to Settings.2. On the "Sync and Backup"...
  5. How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?

How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?: Accidentally activated OneDrive, but I want no part of it. How do I undo this and move all my files back to where they originally were? I;ve tried this: "1. Right click on the OneDrive cloud icon on the lower right on your taskbar to go to Settings.2. On the "Sync and Backup"...
  6. Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...: I've restored the favorites link in the file explorer navigation pane in Windows 10 with a registry tweak, however there is no arrow or dropdown menu effectively making it useless. I've done so much searching on how to fix this issue but it seems nobody else has ever come...
  7. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  8. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  9. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...
  10. How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z

How to restore files deleted by Ctrl+Z: I copied files from my phone to the PC. I created a folder on the desktop and started copying them gradually. Each time I copied a certain portion, I immediately deleted it from the mobile. At one point, I wanted to restore some deleted files from the phone using the Ctrl+Z...