Windows 10: Restore Folder

Discus and support Restore Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; FIXED THANK YOU!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-folder/7eb716e3-a04c-4ac4-9f87-881d1954dce9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crixxjyn, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Crixxjyn Win User

Restore Folder

FIXED

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

:)

Crixxjyn, Dec 3, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 3, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 3, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore Folder

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore Folder [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Restore Folder

1. Restore Folder - Similar Threads - Restore Folder

2. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  3. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  4. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  5. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  6. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?: My previous PC have problems with bios, I tried everything but didn’t work, or have a damaged hard disk and haven’t used it for two years so I can’t do a backup. I buy a new PC and want to restore all my folders, settings and apps but don’t know how to with a damaged PCIs...
  8. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?: My previous PC have problems with bios, I tried everything but didn’t work, or have a damaged hard disk and haven’t used it for two years so I can’t do a backup. I buy a new PC and want to restore all my folders, settings and apps but don’t know how to with a damaged PCIs...
  9. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....