Windows 10: Restore Games from the Microsoft Store from a different save location

Discus and support Restore Games from the Microsoft Store from a different save location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Sadly I had to reinstall Windows 10 after the LogonUI.exe seemingly destroyed itself. I still have some games saved to my HDD D:\. I'd like to restore... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MayhemCha0s, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Restore Games from the Microsoft Store from a different save location

Sadly I had to reinstall Windows 10 after the LogonUI.exe seemingly destroyed itself. I still have some games saved to my HDD D:\. I'd like to restore them so the Windows will recognize them again. Apparently the Microsoft Store lacks a feature like that. More brilliantly: Changing the save location actually wants me to delete these files. How do I tell Windows to use these files again? You cannot tell me Microsoft completely forgot about a crucial feature like that.

:)

MayhemCha0s, Feb 16, 2020

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Getting Windows 10 to recognize an old app install location

Hello Luke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to inform you that you will need to re-install the game as some components of the game might not work properly which can cause the game to crash. However, you can download and install the game/apps from the store on an external drive.

Here are the steps on how you can install program to a different drive from a store.

• Go to windows settings.
    • Then click on System and then on Storage.
    • Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Vijay Win User

Restore Games from the Microsoft Store from a different save location

Restore Microsoft Store application in Windows 10

After multiple attempts, I managed to get Store open by enabling Developer mode (as suggested by one of the posters here) and running the command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in Powershell. Not sure if is exactly the solution since I've tried different steps suggested by different users in different forums (including uninstalling Store separately) but hey, I am not complaining!

Vijay, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Restore Games from the Microsoft Store from a different save location

1. Restore Games from the Microsoft Store from a different save location - Similar Threads - Restore Games Microsoft

2. Zoombinis from Microsoft Store not saving the game, suggested solutions are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoombinis from Microsoft Store not saving the game, suggested solutions are not working: I purchased the Zoombinis game via Microsoft store, but even though I followed the instructions from a previous thread to resolve this issue, it doesn't work. I have tried resetting the app, and I have made sure that the game is on Journey, not on Practice. I feel pretty...
  3. Zoombinis from Microsoft Store not saving the game, suggested solutions are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zoombinis from Microsoft Store not saving the game, suggested solutions are not working: I purchased the Zoombinis game via Microsoft store, but even though I followed the instructions from a previous thread to resolve this issue, it doesn't work. I have tried resetting the app, and I have made sure that the game is on Journey, not on Practice. I feel pretty...
  4. Can I download Microsoft store games from a different account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I download Microsoft store games from a different account: So I have my windows 10 machine signed onto my Microsoft account and I’ve downloaded all my apps from the Microsoft store but then on my Xbox it’s signed into a different account and has forza horizon 4 purchased on it so is there a way to download forza horizon 4 on a...
  5. Restore purchase from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Restore purchase from Microsoft Store: Hi all, I made a purchase from the store in December 2019, but the PC the purchased software Minecraft, etc was installed on had an SSD failure. Unfortunately, this device was not backed up, and I have no record of the Microsoft account or password used to restore said...
  6. How to restore instaled games and saves from Microsoft Store?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore instaled games and saves from Microsoft Store?!: I've lost all my saves and instaled games like Asphalt 8 and Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate. I don't knew how it happens. When I instaled again Asphalt 8 there is no my last save game began from the start with non progress. Please help! I paid before for Forza Horizon 4, and...
  7. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  8. Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore Games and Saves from Game Pass for PC: I have seen this question/request a couple times, but they are all older questions... is there a way to restore my games and save files if my Windows install craps out on me? I had my system drive fail, but like a person who's had to deal with that before, I keep all of my...
  9. Games From The Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games From The Microsoft Store: So ANY game i download and install from the store does the same thing, gets to the main menu and wont let me get past press start...I press start and it flashes but just stays there. ive updated windows fully, updated the store, every other game including games from steam,...
  10. Microsoft games from the game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games from the game store: After the update of whatever happened, I can't open any of my games on my computer. I play and paid for Microsoft solitaire collection, and every time I click to open it, it goes to a black screen. Yes, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 18 times, still nothing? help?...