Windows 10: Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

Discus and support Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It used to work earlier, but no longer now. I have the latest update, did uncheck and recheck, tried regedit and even DISM.exe and sfc way but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Trần Lucifer Thanh Tùng, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

It used to work earlier, but no longer now. I have the latest update, did uncheck and recheck, tried regedit and even DISM.exe and sfc way but nothing works.Windows Explorer always opens in smaller size at the same position every I open it after start, not maximized although I always use it maximized.I also notice if I open a folder by choosing "Show location" in browser download panel or similar options in other programs, it opens in a new window instead a tab on the old one.

:)

Trần Lucifer Thanh Tùng, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Shockley Win User

Previous File Explorer windows are not restored even after turning on the "Restore previous folder windows at logon" feature on a Windows 10 computer

This happens every time you reboot a Windows 10 computer, both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise.

Please try it yourself.

• Open Folder Options and select the View tab.
    • De-Select/Un-Check "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • Select/Check "Restore previous folder windows at logon"
    • Leave the File Explorer window open and reboot the computer
    • The previous open folder window will not be restored after logon
    • Open a File Explore window and open the C:\ root folder or the C:\Windows folder
    • The protected operating system files will once again be hidden
    • Open Folder Options and select the View tab
    • Locate the same values changed previously and look at their current setting.
    • They will have returned back to their default values
      • "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" will be Selected/Checked
      • "Restore previous folder windows at logon" will be De-selected/Un-Checked
    It seems to be a bug in Windows 10 that I would like to report.

Shockley, Oct 3, 2022
  3. PDE
    PDE Win User
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.

With my new laptop, no explorers are restored, even though the setting is active (set in folder options > view > advanced settings)

Also checked in the registry (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\PersistBrowsers = 1)

Could there be a setting which overrules the restore setting?

This is pretty annoying.

4. Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

1. Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Restore last folders

2. "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is not working. Please fix the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is not working. Please fix the issue: I have selected "Restore previous folder windows at logon" option, but when I restart, it is never restoring previous folder windows. Please fix the issue. I am not using hibernate....
  3. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: Out of my 4 or 5 folders, I would like to reopen at logon I'm lucky if I get 1. PersistBrowsers doesn't help the issue.I have tried as I said before adding Persistbrowsers. Logging out and back inI made a temporary user accountnone of these reopen at logon.I and others have...
  4. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: Out of my 4 or 5 folders, I would like to reopen at logon I'm lucky if I get 1. PersistBrowsers doesn't help the issue.I have tried as I said before adding Persistbrowsers. Logging out and back inI made a temporary user accountnone of these reopen at logon.I and others have...
  5. Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11: Hi all,I have this issue beginning with I do not remember which Windows update. It used to work very nice at the beginning of using Windows 11, however right now I applied everything I saw related to this issue on Microsoft forums and did not work. My folders that I left open...
  6. Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11: Hi all,I have this issue beginning with I do not remember which Windows update. It used to work very nice at the beginning of using Windows 11, however right now I applied everything I saw related to this issue on Microsoft forums and did not work. My folders that I left open...
  7. Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11

Restore last folders at logon not working on Windows 11: It used to work earlier, but no longer now. I have the latest update, did uncheck and recheck, tried regedit and even DISM.exe and sfc way but nothing works.Windows Explorer always opens in smaller size at the same position every I open it after start, not maximized although...
  8. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.With my new laptop, no explorers are restored, even though the setting is active set in folder options > view > advanced settingsAlso checked in...
  9. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.With my new laptop, no explorers are restored, even though the setting is active set in folder options > view > advanced settingsAlso checked in...
  10. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing