Windows 10: Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

Discus and support Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 9 Times 10, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately without searching for the URL. Don't like this! How do I restore 'Links' toolbar in taskbar options?

:)

9 Times 10, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

A thankyou to Microsoft for Win10 and need some help connecting Favorites to Link on taskbar

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Click on Toolbars tab.

• Check mark Links and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2022
  3. colparis Win User
    Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Dec 21, 2022
  4. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

Toolbars not visible (though present) in Windows 10 taskbar on Firefox

No...that looks like Windows Explorer. I also keep a link to Windows Explorer on my Toolbar.

The Taskbar Toolbars are a generic Windows feature, which you get when you put your cursor on the taskbar, right click, and select 'Toolbar'. They look like this:

Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11 [​IMG]

I have put a collection of links in there, and when I hover my cursor over the double arrows, I get this:

Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11 [​IMG]

Anyway I have solved the problem.
    • Put cursor on Taskbar
    • Right click
    • Select taskbar settings
    • Colors
    • Show accent color on the following surfaces: Start, taskbar, and action center

I shall now thank myself for having solved my own problem.

Matthew Pollock, Dec 21, 2022
Thema:

Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

1. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Restore 'Links' Toolbar

2. Taskbar and toolbars in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and toolbars in Windows 11: I have had my new Windows 11 laptop an hour and a half and I am already sorry that I didn't buy a Windows 10!!If I want an OS that was more like a Mac OS, I would have just bought a MAC! Not only has my ability to change the location of my taskbar or adjust it in any way been...
  3. Taskbar and toolbars in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and toolbars in Windows 11: I have had my new Windows 11 laptop an hour and a half and I am already sorry that I didn't buy a Windows 10!!If I want an OS that was more like a Mac OS, I would have just bought a MAC! Not only has my ability to change the location of my taskbar or adjust it in any way been...
  4. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately...
  5. Restore 'Links' in taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore 'Links' in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately without...
  6. Restore 'Links' in taskbar in Windows 11

Restore 'Links' in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately without...
  7. How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post talks about how to backup and restore taskbar toolbars in Windows 10. […] This article How to backup and restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to use "Links" toolbar for the taskbar on a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use "Links" toolbar for the taskbar on a second monitor.: Title explains it all. I have all these customization's that I've made to my taskbar, but it cannot be arranged in the correct way on my second monitor. There are literally no setting for it when I right click on it. If this helps, to set up my main taskbar I right clicked...
  9. Links toolbar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  10. Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...