Windows 10: Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips

Discus and support Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,On a fresh new install of Windows 10, updated drivers, I have black tooltips when I put my cursor hover one of the three buttons on the top right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexD_75, Jul 25, 2021.

1. AlexD_75 Win User

Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips

Hello,On a fresh new install of Windows 10, updated drivers, I have black tooltips when I put my cursor hover one of the three buttons on the top right buttons, on any application.I don't have this problems with any other Windows tooltip.I've checked all the system files with sfc, no errors.I've updated my display drivers, I'm using a 3090 but I didn't have this problem when using it on my previous system. I'm wondering in which DLL these tooltips are saved and if I can check if this file is corrupted&nbs

:)

AlexD_75, Jul 25, 2021

2. Windows update - KB3199986 issues - Restore Up & Maximize icon's mouse click & tooltip display issue

Windows 10 update (KB3199986) issue- Restore Up & Maximize icon's tooltip and mouse click is not working properly when window is minimized.

Restore Up icon: When mouse is pointed, it shows tooltip of Maximize and also clicks Maximize icon when clicked on Restore icon.

Maximize icon: It shows tooltip of Close icon and clicks close icon when clicked on Maximize icon.

Close icon: tooltip & mouse click are working fine.

Windows system menu is working fine for Restore/Maximize and close.

Application is working as expected on another Windows 10 machine without KB3199986 update.

The update KB3199986 is not reversible and I'm not sure how to fix this. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Mukeshkumar101, Jul 25, 2021
  3. dE Source Win User
    Tooltip of a close button of a window

Hi, I am a windows user and recently I went to a situation in which I opened up different Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 instances this makes my system little bit hanging. I wanted to close one of the project to release the RAM but due to lagging I closed
    the wrong one since the name of the instance was on the left side, opposite to the close, button and then I had to reopen that again. This happens to me many times.

Being a developer, I have two suggestions

1. To add the instance or file name to the close button tooltip such as "Close MyDemoApplication" instead of simple "Close".

2. The time taken for the appearance the tooltip should be reduced to 0 sec or as much ( as I am not aware what dependencies could be there).

This can notify the user on the spot that which instance are they about to close rather looking on to the other side of the window. May be we can start the pros and cons for this suggestion.

dE Source, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips

Minimize, maximize, close buttons

How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens?

DianeNettles1, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips

1. Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips - Similar Threads - Restore Maximize Close

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Maximize/Restore Down Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  5. Maximize/Restore Down Button

Maximize/Restore Down Button: A few days ago, my Maximize/Restore Down Button stopped working in Word. When I click to Restore Down my Word document, instead of the window getting smaller, I get the little "window" shown below.I have tried everything to get the Restore Down window but can't figure it out....
  6. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  7. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  8. Black Tooltip Boxes Under Minimize/Maximize/Close

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Tooltip Boxes Under Minimize/Maximize/Close: On Windows 10 I have black boxes that appear when I hover over the minimize/maximize/close buttons for most apps.I researched the forums and haven't found any concrete solution for this. My graphics driver is the latest available. I have run sfc /scannow.Nothing seems to...
  9. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  10. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...: Ever since I was forced to start using Windows 10, I keep having Windows maximized on me and the options to minimize, restore, and close them are greyed out. This forces me to have to close the program to do anything. This keeps happening. I am only using desktop mode (never...