Windows 10: Restore Microsoft People App Contacts from old installation

Discus and support Restore Microsoft People App Contacts from old installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, i needed to reinstall Windows 10 for a customer of mine yesterday. I kept all the old data on a seperate drive. After giving the PC back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WolframLange, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Restore Microsoft People App Contacts from old installation

Hi there,

i needed to reinstall Windows 10 for a customer of mine yesterday.
    I kept all the old data on a seperate drive.

After giving the PC back to him, he told me he used the People App and Calendar for his work but without a Microsoft Account to sync from or to.
    So I was pretty sure there has to be a local path where the app stores all the contact information, but even after hours I can't find it.

I tried to recreate the problem on my own PC, opened People for the first time without logging into my Microsoft Account and added a new contact.
    After that was done, I tried to find the file by name and last changed date without any success.

My customer really needs the data and I can't find any answers to this problem online. Can anyone please help?

Thanks a lot!

:)

WolframLange, Mar 31, 2019
  2. dscanlon Win User

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 31, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Restore Microsoft People App Contacts from old installation

How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

The "recent contacts" are the list of people you recently emailed to. Some of those people might not be on your contact list at all.
    If you UN-check the box "Recent contacts (Microsoft People)", you will find that those contacts are no longer on the People list.

davidhk, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Restore Microsoft People App Contacts from old installation

1. Restore Microsoft People App Contacts from old installation - Similar Threads - Restore Microsoft App

2. Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail old contacts appear that are not in the People App: Hi there, I've moved to Windows 10 and when using the Mail app, I type in part of an email address or shortcut name such as "dad" and it gives me an email address that is out of date - not by days or months but years! I've looked in the People app and filtered out all the...
  3. Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?: I have imported my google account contacts in the People app after that when I opened the app again I saw that some of my Xbox friends were showing up I had the same problem even on my previous Windows 10 installation and I have it again. When I try to delete a Xbox contact...
  4. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  7. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  8. Deletion of old contacts in the Windows 10 People App

Deletion of old contacts in the Windows 10 People App: I recently asked the following question: I am in a constant fight with the People app. It seems to me that this app needs a major overhaul. Two weeks ago, most of my contacts disappeared except some very old ones. Why and How? Absolutely no idea. After some consultation...
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone retrieve contact saved people app

2. restore contacts in people app