Windows 10: Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of the most annoying issue on a Windows 10 computer would be the one where the Restore, Minimize, and Close buttons not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 10, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 10, 2019
  2. buster694 Win User

minimize, Maximium(restore down), close button missing on windows live mail screen since installing windows 10 and Edge is not working.

I'm wondering if anything new has been learned on this since the problem was identified. Other answere I've found take me through steps that don't match with Win 10 menus, or miss the point of this problem. This one looked really techy and seemed it ought
    to work.

My Win 10 problem was similar - no minimize or restore buttons in Edge. Other programs were OK. I ran the procedures outlined (man, how do you come up with that? I'm amazed at the knowledge it must take) but it did not solve the problem. Now, the close button
    is also missing for Edge, and on other programs (such as Word, Excel, IE, Chrome) the buttons are there but the restore one doesn't do anything. I can get used to it, everything full-screen or minimized, alt-F4 to close) but it's an irritation.

Incidentally, if it helps to know, I have two user accounts on the computer and the problem is only on mine; the other account is OK.

buster694, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Minimize/maximize/close buttons not working in windows 10

Hi Francine,

The issue may be caused by an improper Windows Update installation. To assist you with your concern,
    we suggest that you perform a system restore. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps,
    drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10

Programs closing when clicking on Minimize

When I click minimize no error appears it just closes like when I press the X button.

I did research and nothing came up about it so no I have not done any troubleshooting steps.

Matthew20cats, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10

1. Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Minimize Close

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  5. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  6. Problems With The "Close, Restore & Minimize" Buttons And/Or Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems With The "Close, Restore & Minimize" Buttons And/Or Icons: Hello,I have a problem with the "Close, Restore & Minimize Buttons"I have also Reinstalled windows using the media creation tool & Reset my PC But still it did not fix the problem. After that I made another user in my pc, fortunately it fixed it but only in that User From...
  7. Problems With The "Close, Restore & Minimize" Buttons And/Or Icons

Problems With The "Close, Restore & Minimize" Buttons And/Or Icons: Hello, I have problem with the "Close, Restore & Minimize Buttons" I also Reinstalled windows using the media creation tool But still it did not fix the problem. OSVersion Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Image: [ATTACH]...
  8. Can you customize the close/minimize/restore buttons on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you customize the close/minimize/restore buttons on Windows 10?: Can you change their image without downloading a new theme? Thanks! submitted by /u/papabig27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnp5xb/can_you_customize_the_closeminimizerestore/
  9. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  10. Windows 10 Customization of the Close/Restore/Minimize Buttons

Windows 10 Customization of the Close/Restore/Minimize Buttons: Hi, I need help with the Close/Restore/Minimize buttons, is there any software to turn those buttons into an 9x/XP/Vista/7/8 look? Please? I am Working to turn my Windows 10 into a mix of 9x/XP/Vista/7. This is not my only question. Is there any software to turn the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont my screen minimize

2. restore windows down icon

3. why cant i see my minimize and exit buttons

4. how to minimize a screen in windows 10 if the bar isnt available,
  5. no minimize button after windows update,
  6. minimize screen option missing,
  7. windows 10 minimize window not working,
  8. why isnt my minimise working,
  9. my minimize button wont work,
  10. edge mot showing maximize and minimize button,
  11. minimize button not working,