Windows 10: Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor.

Discus and support Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used a software called Clover for a bit instead of File Explorer, but I deleted it off my computer now. When using Firefox, Outlook, etc. I can move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JSkelton11, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor.

I used a software called Clover for a bit instead of File Explorer, but I deleted it off my computer now. When using Firefox, Outlook, etc. I can move them seamlessly between monitor 1 and monitor 2. With File Explorer, I can't move it since it hits a virtual wall. I also noticed that clicking on the minimize or restore buttons does nothing. I can, however, use the X button at the top right to close File Explorer.

Am I missing something to make this work properly?

:)

JSkelton11, Oct 25, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 25, 2020
  3. file explorer - cant drag to second window

Hi,

There are several factors that may trigger this issue including your settings or even recent changes to your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say you cannot drag file explorer on the "second Windows", are you referring to a second monitor?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 25, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor.

1. Restore/Minimize Button Doesn't Work And I Can't Drag File Explorer To My Second Monitor. - Similar Threads - Restore Minimize Button

2. Why doesn't the minimize button work on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why doesn't the minimize button work on my PC: Why doesn't the minimize button work on my PC. any screen Folder just lets me split the screen in two. This is a disaster for my time and work. Please Help me. I have looked for other similar questions from other people and your answers are not enough....
  3. Minimize button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minimize button not working: I have been facing some problems regarding the minimize and restore buttons in my windows 10 single language laptop. During continuous usage, these buttons stop working even in the touchscreen mode. Even after installing the latest windows updates the issue is still...
  4. Dragging window to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragging window to second monitor: Hello- I have connected a VGA / Hdmi cable from my laptop to a second monitor. The second monitor does show my pc screen, however, even after extending the display, I am unable to drag a window from pc to 2nd monitor. I have disabled Snap. I have double clicked the title bar...
  5. Can't open file explorer on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open file explorer on second monitor: So i'm using windows 10 on my surface laptop and i have it connected to my tv by hdmi. For the most part it's working great but i'm having a bit of trouble with one thing. On my tv i'm not able to open file explorer. Whenever i click it it just opens on my main laptop. Is...
  6. Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Restore, Minimize and Close buttons not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of the most annoying issue on a Windows 10 computer would be the one where the Restore, Minimize, and Close buttons not working. In this case, the buttons on the right side of the title bar do not respond [...] This post Restore, Minimize and Close...
  7. Minimized File Explorer Won't Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimized File Explorer Won't Restore: I have a new HP Spectre laptop with Windows 10 Home. Frequently, when I go to restore a minimized File Explorer window, it won't restore. This happens intermittently, but often several times a day. It drives me nuts as I have to open a new File Explorer window and re-navigate...
  8. Can't drag a file from file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't drag a file from file explorer: Hi I am trying to upload a file to my accountancy software. the application only lets me drag it over. This month I have found that when I drag the file, I get the egg timer next to the cursor. Whether I wait or release the mouse button the egg timer disappears and file...
  9. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag File Explorer to second screen: I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help! 70973
  10. File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work: Hello, when I try to drag and drop a file using file explorer, it shows a red "unavailable" icon. I also haven't found a way to disable the annoying time and date text at the bottom left of the lock screen (which was easily done in Windows 8.1 as documented on...