Windows 10: Restore minimized window to a specific screen?

Discus and support Restore minimized window to a specific screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ubermaan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/je8tsa/restore_minimized_window_to_a_specific_screen/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ubermaan, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Restore minimized window to a specific screen?

/u/ubermaan, Oct 19, 2020
  2. redwdc Win User

Minimized windows don't restore properly

Hi Caledon thanks for the reply

I'll go through it all step by step

1. I open TC (Total Commander or I could say LibreOffice)
    2. I minimize TC
    3. I click on TC on the task bar to restore it
    4. Nothing appears to happen
    5. I open the old program "Desk Lite" and center all windows
    6. I find TC as pictured in my first post

Desk Lite does not install it's totally self contained. I had not even had it on my laptop at all until after the problem started.

Also, I had 1607 on it which is when the problem started. I had a second, larger SSD which I had been thinking of putting in the laptop so I thought I'd put it in and reinstall Windows 10 as a fresh install from an ISO I d/led from Dell. This put 1511 on the system and the problem persists.

Edit: I apologize if I seem snippy. It's frustrating.

redwdc, Oct 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Restore minimized window to a specific screen?

Involuntary screen minimization

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer ?
    I suggest you to check in safe mode and clean boot.

Method 1:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on
    How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ther-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer:

To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link below

Method 2:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Restore minimized window to a specific screen?

1. Restore minimized window to a specific screen? - Similar Threads - Restore minimized window

2. Is there a shortcut to restore all ever minimized windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a shortcut to restore all ever minimized windows?: When I have several windows open on a workspace I happen to minimize some of them at different times. Win+Shift+D only restores the last minimized window and I cannot find a way to restore all of the other minimized windows at once. Win+Homex2 is not functional on my Surface...
  3. minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing

minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing: Hi! I work with AutoCAD LT 2019 in maximized windows. When I minimize them and then restore, they don't get to the previous maximized state, but instead they are restored to the "normal" size. This is not the expected behaviour. All other programs and applications get...
  4. Minimized File Explorer Won't Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimized File Explorer Won't Restore: I have a new HP Spectre laptop with Windows 10 Home. Frequently, when I go to restore a minimized File Explorer window, it won't restore. This happens intermittently, but often several times a day. It drives me nuts as I have to open a new File Explorer window and re-navigate...
  5. Minimize my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minimize my screen: Were there changes today? Suddenly I cannot minimize my screen - ARRRRGH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-my-screen/adc52697-2fad-488b-a122-e51a2cdbea98
  6. minimize screen

minimize screen: For a couple of weeks now, if I want to put a web page on my desktop, I would minimize the page and left click on the address bar and move the icon to the desktop. Now when I try to minimize the page I get a small blue line around the page and it does not minimize. Is there...
  7. BLOPS minimizes and restores size on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLOPS minimizes and restores size on it's own: Has anyone else had this problem? I'm playing through STEAM, but i don't think STEAM is the problem. Continuously, the game will act as though I control alt tabbed to desktop, then restore itself. A process that takes several seconds in which time I'm usualy blowed up by...
  8. Minimized windows don't restore properly

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Minimized windows don't restore properly: When I minimize windows to the taskbar they don't all restore properly. They restore off screen and are resized to their smallest size. Like this: [img] I have an old program that centers almost any open window even some minimized ones. Which is the reason I know what's...
  9. Minimize programs and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Minimize programs and restore: Another problem I'm finding with 10 is as follows. With 7 it was easy to minimize an open program. It disappeared to Explorer and could be clicked on and restored. Under 10 you can minimize, but only the first one is recognized. If you minimized a second program it supplants...
  10. restore all minimize windows, shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    restore all minimize windows, shortcut not working: Hi, After doing "win d" to show the desktop, I want to restore all the windows. The key is supposed to be "win shift m", but it does not work. How can I restore all minimized windows using a shortcut ? Patrick 104160