Windows 10: Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD

Discus and support Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm working with a Toshiba C55-C laptop and trying to get the Stereo Mix to work as a recording device. It does not show up in Sound > Recording, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Jan 24, 2018.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD

I'm working with a Toshiba C55-C laptop and trying to get the Stereo Mix to work as a recording device.
    It does not show up in Sound > Recording, even with both "Show" boxes checked.

I have tried different drivers from the Toshiba website. No change.

I understand there may be a registry fix to restore the Stereo Mix.
    Can anyone here point me to one?
    Any other ideas?

:)

2. I have a Lenovo G50 laptop. I am using Windows 10. my sound card is CONEXANT Smart Audio HD. I am unable to get the stereo mix function

<Original title: Daleen>

Hi There

I have a Lenovo G50 laptop. I am using Windows 10. my sound card is CONEXANT Smart Audio HD. I am unable to get the stereo mix function. I wanted to enable disabled devices, but it is already marked to show. Can you please help me?

Thanks

Daleen Engelbrecht, Jan 24, 2018
  3. 670607 Win User
    Conexant mic pick up device output sound

I am using Windows 10, default conexant smart audio HD. My mic is picking up the laptop output sound even with my headphone plugged in. This means that my friends can hear my youtube music whenever we chat online. I have tried to disable stereo mix, but
    it doesnt work. Is this problem specific to this Conexant thing? Many other forums talks about Realtek and they seem to get their problems solved easily. Im posting it here because I think microsoft should be responsible for this default driver.

670607, Jan 24, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, forgive the basic question- are you certain your sound card supports it? If there's no one here with a similar model, best check that on Toshiba's site/forum first if you haven't.

Put another way, have you ever had stereo mix available on it e.g. pre-Win 10?

You might try ticking the bottom two boxes

Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 24, 2018
  5. Go to Cortana and type in "Audio"

You will get several audio options. See if you can find your audio mixer, if you have one.

OR

Right tick on the little speaker (lower right) and select "Recording Devices" you might find something there.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 24, 2018
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Hi Guys, thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, this is not your plain vanilla "Where is my Stereo Mix" question.

Dalchina: Unfortunately I can not say for certain whether this laptop ever had the SM. It came with W10 on it and I set it up for the owner a couple years ago. I am working on this problem with her remotely, so there will be a lag between any suggestions and my response.
    I can't imagine that I would not have set Stereo Mix as the default recording device when I set it up however, or would have forgotten that it didn't have one, but I can't know this for sure.
    Stereo Mix does not show, even greyed out, and yes, both boxes are checked (Show Disabled Devices, Show Disconnected Devices).

Layback: Nothing to show no matter which way I get to it!

Is there anything to the web rumor that the Stereo Mix is being removed from newer driver packages due to recording industry pressure?

7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, your first port of call as I suggested above is to determine whether it has hardware supporting this. I had a laptop that definitely didn't. Until you know that for sure, it's not worth proceeding further IMHO.

dalchina, Jan 24, 2018
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

9. dalchina New Member
    Thanks for posting the solution you found.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore Missing Stereo Mix - Conexant Smart Audio HD - Similar Threads - Restore Missing Stereo

2. Stereo Mix missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix missing.: Greeting. The OS is windows 11, and the device is a gaming HP laptop.I tried to turn on the computer's Stereo Mix, but I didn't find it in the record. I tried to update the driver according to the information on the Internet, but the system told me "The best drivers for your...
  3. Stereo Mix missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix missing.: Greeting. The OS is windows 11, and the device is a gaming HP laptop.I tried to turn on the computer's Stereo Mix, but I didn't find it in the record. I tried to update the driver according to the information on the Internet, but the system told me "The best drivers for your...
  4. Conexant smart Audio HD not compatible Win 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant smart Audio HD not compatible Win 2004: Conexant smart Audio HD ver 8.66.27.55 with Lenovo 80EC, stop upgrade to win10 2004. When will it be compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-smart-audio-hd-not-compatible-win-2004/1bb26079-d84a-4ac1-a6ca-0a1cc1558398
  5. Conexant smart HD audio driver version 8.66.16.50 problem.

Conexant smart HD audio driver version 8.66.16.50 problem.: it says 'No driver installled". I have a Lenovo G50 and the manufacturer does not offer a driver download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/conexant-smart-hd-audio-driver-version-8661650/9b012449-5da0-4296-aef9-ae12ab062390
  6. Stereo Mix is missing!

Stereo Mix is missing!: Stereo mix is missing from the recording devices list. I have already selected to show disabled devices. And for some weird reason it shows a line-input on the "back" of the machine,s which obviously is not there, great work HP....
  7. How to completely remove the awful Conexant Audio Drivers and Smart Audio HD and stop them...

How to completely remove the awful Conexant Audio Drivers and Smart Audio HD and stop them...: I have 2 Lenovo laptops both running Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I am having a serious problem (as are many other people I'm sure) with the terrible Conexant Audio Drivers and Smart Audio HD, In short they make the audio output sound awful and don't distinguish...
  8. conexant hd audio driver

conexant hd audio driver: i have conexant hd audio on my nv53 gateway laptop the only way to get sound on w10 is to use the generic driver why must microsoft continually at ever update reinstall the old drivers that dont work upon each and every update i just found a setting to hopefully stop that...
  9. Conexant Smart Audio

Conexant Smart Audio: Have Windows 10 on my Laptop. All working except bad Mic audio. All worked fine on Windows 8.1. Any help please ? Thanks Roger 15249
  10. Conexant HD Audio Driver for Windows 10

Conexant HD Audio Driver for Windows 10: Does anyone know where I can find a driver for Conexant HD Audio? Right now I am using a driver from Microsoft to play device sounds. Help please! 55093
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does toshiba l755 come with stereo mix

2. nu vot

3. does toshiba have stereo mix?

4. toshiba satellite stereo mix l755-s5107 cant find,
  5. does conexant smart audio support stereo mix in windows 10,
  6. microsoft high definition audio registry stereomix,
  7. easy way to restore missing conexant stereo miix,
  8. how to show smart conexant stereo mix,
  9. Easy Ways to Restore Missing Conexant Stereo Mix in Windows 8/10,
  10. registry edit that adds the stereo mix back into windows,