Windows 10: restore normal boot

Discus and support restore normal boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to restore normal boot from command line. I set clean boot from windows, but this computer must have a local account and the Microsoft Password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by souixbee, Mar 20, 2020.

1. souixbee Win User

restore normal boot

I need to restore normal boot from command line. I set clean boot from windows, but this computer must have a local account and the Microsoft Password doesn't work Yes, I know I have it correct. I would like to restore normal boot from the command line.

:)

souixbee, Mar 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

restore normal boot [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 20, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 20, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

restore normal boot

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

restore normal boot

1. restore normal boot - Similar Threads - restore normal boot

2. Windows will not boot up normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not boot up normally: Today I restarted my pc I had not installed anything new or had an update at time of restart but it would not boot up. It gave me the blue screen stop code 0xc000021a then went through the windows automatic repair that did not resolve it.I tried restarting and "continue to...
  3. Windows will not boot up normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not boot up normally: Today I restarted my pc I had not installed anything new or had an update at time of restart but it would not boot up. It gave me the blue screen stop code 0xc000021a then went through the windows automatic repair that did not resolve it.I tried restarting and "continue to...
  4. Windows will not boot up normally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help restore normal start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Help restore normal start menu: Just upgraded to v2004 build 19041.610 My start menu is not functioning correctly. Troubleshooter pdf with errors attached. strtmenuprobs.pdf I can't get rid of the front pane which obscures the program list. I can drag it up a bit, but then the front pane will cover it...
  6. Computer refusing to boot normally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refusing to boot normally: My computer is refusing to boot. Whenever it gets to the Windows logo screen the loading icon starts to lag then eventually freezes. I can boot into safe mode but not into normal Windows. If it matters, I'm running Windows 10 Build 2004. My CPU is a Ryzen 3 2200G, and my GPU...
  7. please restore as normal

please restore as normal: PLEASE RESTORE AS IT WAS WORKING NOEMALLY A MONTH BACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-restore-as-normal/4dc47c20-4342-475d-82c2-b8bd48700a90
  8. Can't boot normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot normal: So last night my PC went into sleep. Then upon waking it up, it never displayed the login box to access my desktop again. Once I restarted the computer it would load into a grey screen where spinning dots never stopped. I've done some troubleshooting through command prompt in...
  9. Convert dual boot install to normal boot

Convert dual boot install to normal boot: After several weeks of testing I'm ready to go full on Windows 10 and want to get rid of Windows 7 but I have some partitioning issues I want to clean up. I currently have Windows 7 on drive 0 (360 GB) and Windows 10 on drive 1 (500 GB). Both are SATA drives and RAID is...
  10. Restore boot

Restore boot: Hi, I am using a dual boot system (Windows 10 Pro and FreeBSD). I used to boot Windows 10 or BSD through BSD's boot manager. I needed to reinstall Windows 10, so my boot has been overwritten. I tried to restore it, and then I ran into problems.. I am not able to boot...