Windows 10: Restore old accounts?

Discus and support Restore old accounts? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Whew..... I know the "old accts" [ones I can no longer see] DATA is still in "Download" folders, and "Documents".... are there but is there anyway to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jagman, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jagman Win User

Restore old accounts?

Whew.....
    I know the "old accts" [ones I can no longer see] DATA is still in "Download" folders, and "Documents".... are there but is there anyway to Make them become "real" official accounts by restoring them somehow, whereas I could login to the them and see the data folders. Copy them to the current Acct folders.

I did go to USERS folder in "System' folder and they are there but under on he "dead" accts that were deleted in SAFE mode.

Or is it best to COPY root/Users/Admin/Download etc to the current Acct and "move on".

:)

jagman, Nov 10, 2019

2. Restore local account ?

Hi,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I would suggest you to check if your old account is displayed in the list of Manage Accounts.

Follow the below steps to check:

• Right click on the Start button and select
      Control Panel
    • Click on the User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage Accounts and check if you are able to view your old account.
    If you’re old account is not present in the Manage Accounts list then, you may not be able to recover the old account. If you’re old account is present in the Manage Accounts list then you can find that account on the bottom left
    corner on the Lock screen.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 10, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore old accounts?

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore old accounts? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Restore old accounts?

1. Restore old accounts? - Similar Threads - Restore old accounts

2. How to restore access to my old Skype account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore access to my old Skype account.: Hello, i've been trying to restore my old Skype account using username, no success. When choosing to reset the password and choosing to get the code to my phone number i see the message that i'm unable to use that verification method. It was probably blocked since i didn't...
  3. How to restore access to my old Skype account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore access to my old Skype account.: Hello, i've been trying to restore my old Skype account using username, no success. When choosing to reset the password and choosing to get the code to my phone number i see the message that i'm unable to use that verification method. It was probably blocked since i didn't...
  4. How to restore access to my old Skype account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore old user account

How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  6. How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10: Hello, I used windows 10, a Few days ago accidentally My Windows 10 crashed and I lost all My Old User Account Data! Use my Old User Account ID I Encrypt some of my File for Security reasons. After Lost Old User Account ID and Encrypt File Certificate, can't open My File...
  7. Restoring an old backup

Restoring an old backup: in 2009 I backed up my wife's data onto discs before she got rid of her laptop. I now want to restore the data to my Windows 10 laptop but cannot find any software. Any ideas please....
  8. old account

in Windows 10 Customization
    old account: I want to delete an old account that keeps telling me I need to update. I moved over a year ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-account/40640c3e-97c9-460b-875f-80f46562aa48
  9. Restore old image then upgrade

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old image then upgrade: It seems like a good idea to restore my Win 8.1 installation to a time prior to when I installed a lot of software that I no longer need. So I plan to restore a Windows Image I made last December, then do the upgrade to 10. I plan to use the Media Creation tool Installing...
  10. Restore old user account

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old user account: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user. Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone...