Windows 10: Restore old windows user folder into new user

Discus and support Restore old windows user folder into new user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aniloamit123, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Restore old windows user folder into new user

My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the whole users folder location..

:)

aniloamit123, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

3. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Restore old windows user folder into new user

New User Profile

System Restore does NOT affect user data. If I was in your position I would take these steps:

1. Install System Restore Explorer. It lets you access user data that
      IS actually contained in restore points but does not get restored by the restore mechanism.

http://nicbedford.co.uk/software/systemrestoreexplorer/
    2. Treat this event as an incentive to set up a robust backup scheme. Important data must at all times be stored on at least two independent media.

Frederik Long, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Restore old windows user folder into new user

1. Restore old windows user folder into new user - Similar Threads - Restore old user

2. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  3. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  4. New user but no user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New user but no user folder: I added a new admin user to windows 10 then removed a user. The new user does not have a user folder and the user that was removed is still there. Do I need to remake the user?...
  5. Restoring Users or Profile folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Users or Profile folders: Currently on Windows 10 x64 Pro v2004 build 19041.572 Problem occurs also in v1909 In February in setup my new system with the system drive on an SSD and the Users folder on a HDD following Kari's wonderful tutorial. No problems there. All working splendidly. However after a...
  6. How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Emails from an Old Windows Users folder?: Hi, long story short : i have the entire USERs folder of the old system ... how can i findout/ restore my email that were installed before on the mailapp. even if i have to re-input the passwords and all that, i just want to login with all of them without missing anyone....
  7. Removing an old user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing an old user folder: Hi all, I had to re-install Windows 10 & it created a username folder "roysq" My old one was "roysquires" I have managed to create a new one, but cannot delete the old one "roysqu." If I delete the folder it just returns. I have tried Regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINNE >...
  8. Restore user permissions for user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  9. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  10. Restore old user account

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore old user account: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user. Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone...