Windows 10: Restore on AC Power Loss keeps fan spinning fast

Discus and support Restore on AC Power Loss keeps fan spinning fast in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, i don't know if this is the right subreddit for this topic, but i hope you can help me maybe. I have a setup where i start my pc with a siri... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elloysbolle, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Restore on AC Power Loss keeps fan spinning fast

Hi guys,

i don't know if this is the right subreddit for this topic, but i hope you can help me maybe.

I have a setup where i start my pc with a siri shortcut and a WiFi-Smart-Plug to which my PC is connected. I turned on the "Restore on AC Power Loss"-Option in my bios and it works fine. As soon as it gets power it boots.

Problem is: One fan keeps spinning at a high speed and it won't stop till i manually reboot my pc.
    Any clues why it behaves like this?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/elloysbolle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elloysbolle, Dec 15, 2020
  2. pcunite Win User

How to wake a computer out of Sleep mode when AC power is restored?

I found a solution.

The four steps below will cause the PC to enter sleep mode when the UPS switches to battery. When AC power is restored, the PC will resume from Sleep. Also, should the PC's power get cut (while in Sleep mode), when power is restored, the BIOS setting ensures
    it will power back on.

Step 1:

Make sure your BIOS is set to always turn the system on, should the power ever get cut. Look for "Restore Power After AC loss", or similarly named setting, and set this to On.

Step 2:

Configure the Windows power option to put the computer to sleep after X minutes. Set
    Control Panel / Power Options / Put the computer to sleep: 5 minutes.

Step 3:

Change the advanced power options to also put the computer to sleep for Critical and Low battery states.

Step 4:

Under Device Manger, right click on HID UPS Battery and then under the
    Power Management
    tab check Allow this device to wake the computer.

pcunite, Dec 15, 2020
  3. ajaye Win User
    laptop's ac power keeps turning off

Hi,

My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug disappears... if I disconnect the power lead and reinsert it, I will get the plug showing again but only momentarily.

Wondering what my first steps should be... is it possible it's a setting or software problem rather than the power unit/cord itself?

(am using trusty old--if loud--laptop at the moment)

thanks in advance.

ajaye, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Cixoos Win User

Restore on AC Power Loss keeps fan spinning fast

Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step.

Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power button and hard reset.

Any ideas?

Cixoos, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Restore on AC Power Loss keeps fan spinning fast

1. Restore on AC Power Loss keeps fan spinning fast - Similar Threads - Restore Power Loss

2. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  3. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  4. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast: i was playing escape from tarkov when my monitors randomly shut off and my fans spun incredibly fast. I just got an i9-9900k but the temps dont go below 70 degreesfile viewer says:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  6. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast: i was playing escape from tarkov when my monitors randomly shut off and my fans spun incredibly fast. I just got an i9-9900k but the temps dont go below 70 degreesfile viewer says:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  7. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  9. My laptop fan is spinning SO fast in some intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop fan is spinning SO fast in some intervals: Hello!I have Lenovo Ideapad 520 15-IKB 81BF. On 5th of June I removed my hard disk and installed a brand new Samsung 870 EVO Sata III SSD 2,5". I Installed Windows 10 Pro on it and all the drivers I'm supposed to have. On the first reboot I noticed one error when signing in...
  10. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud: Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the...