Windows 10: Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image

Discus and support Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a single drive not the C drive fail in my computer but bought a new one. I have a Windows system image from about two months ago and would only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hollywood42, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image

I had a single drive not the C drive fail in my computer but bought a new one. I have a Windows system image from about two months ago and would only like to restore the image of that one drive so I don't have to do everything I did in the last two months over again on my other drives.

TL;DR Is it possible to use a Windows system image to restore a single drive's contents?

:)

Hollywood42, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image

1. Restore One Drive From a Windows System Image - Similar Threads - Restore Drive System

2. System Restore from Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore from Image: After a recent MS update, my system crashed completely, so I did a clean install and am trying to restore from an image. Windows finds the image and goes through a -very- long process after which it says the restore was successful, but when it reboots, it is back to the...
  3. How would restoring a system image affect One drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How would restoring a system image affect One drive?: Let's say i imaged my laptop using a disk imaging solution and 3 months later found the need to restore the same during which time i have made plenty of changes to the files in my One drive local folder and to one drive files uploaded to the cloud. On restoration of image...
  4. Not able to restore windows system image from an hard drive

Not able to restore windows system image from an hard drive: Hi, I recently backed up my system image to an 1TB External HD. I installed a new ssd in my laptop and did a fresh windows 10 install. But one of my 4tb Western Digital External HD didn't get unlocked even after entering the correct password. So i wanted to restore to the...
  5. Restoring System Image caused One Drive files to be deleted

Restoring System Image caused One Drive files to be deleted: I restored my Windows 10 computer from a saved System Image. After restoring, I found many folders and files that had been added to my One Drive since the saved System Image was created were deleted. Fortunately, they were in the Recycle Bin. How should I have restored from a...
  6. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  7. No available drive for restore system image

No available drive for restore system image: My hard drive crashed. I bought a new one, used a bootable USB to restore a system image and got the error message. I searched online and received many options. Tried them all to no avail. I reinstalled Win 10 Pro and tried to do it again. No luck. What am I missing?...
  8. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  9. Restoring from system image

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring from system image: Hi there, My hard disk(1Tb capacity) recently died and nothing was recoverable. It was replaced by a SSD (500 Gb) capacity. There was about 800Gb available on the old drive so space wasn't a problem. The old drive had a C: and D: partition. I supplied the technicians with...
  10. restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore: the recovery module does not see my external drive, u see it after mountvol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-system-image-from-command-prompt-drive-d/fb80bfcf-ef29-4dd7-b14b-0d8f4a9e12c6