Windows 10: Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry

Discus and support Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, All looking for feedback from the community. I was trying to clean up my OneDrive account by unlinking the account and then deleting it via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ajay Mandal ajay.mandal, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry

Hi,

All looking for feedback from the community. I was trying to clean up my OneDrive account by unlinking the account and then deleting it via the Registry Editor menu. When I try to now install the a new instance of Business OneDrive it keeps giving me error. It prompts me to choose the default folder OneDrive - XXX My company or choose a different location. In case of my company folder i do not see that folder under c/user and when I try creating a new folder and trying to sync it still gives me the same error contact support. somehow it is not finding the OneDrive client on my computer, although have tried downloading and installing it many times. Is there some command i can run to first clean any instance of OneDrive and then install the default settings for my OneDrive .

Thank you for your feedback!

Ajay

:)

Ajay Mandal ajay.mandal, Jun 26, 2020
  2. trog69 Win User

I am getting very frustrated with gpu-z

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I have been trying to delete this program for 2 days solid. I've gone into the Admin. Tools>Startup, I've tried the Norton Start up list, I've combed all through the hard drive, but it is not there. It is in the registry, but it will NOT DELETE! I can't believe this. Not even deletion through the registry can take this thing off my system. I'm gonna try a restore, because that's about the only thing I haven't tried yet. But if it can't be deleted through the registry, I'm not that hopeful for Restore to affect it. I'll post my results.

trog69, Jun 26, 2020
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry

Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize how frustrating these things can be.
    We at Microsoft prioritize our customers’ satisfaction. I appreciate the time you have taken to work on this issue.

I suggest you to refer the steps from the article
    Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive

to restore the files and check if that helps.

You can also contact the OneDrive support team by following the steps mentioned below:

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry

1. Restore OneDrive Deleted through the Registry - Similar Threads - Restore OneDrive Deleted

2. I deleted bcd00000000 in the registry editor and then to restore it i tried system restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted bcd00000000 in the registry editor and then to restore it i tried system restore...: I have windows 11 home.It doesn't even gives the option to reset my pc.It says to troubleshoot or shutdown and when i press trouble shoot it gives me 6 options. Please help by explaining how to get windows running....
  3. I deleted bcd00000000 in the registry editor and then to restore it i tried system restore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted bcd00000000 in the registry editor and then to restore it i tried system restore...: I have windows 11 home.It doesn't even gives the option to reset my pc.It says to troubleshoot or shutdown and when i press trouble shoot it gives me 6 options. Please help by explaining how to get windows running....
  4. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  5. Deleted Desktop through OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Desktop through OneDrive: Hello, I have disabled OneDrive backups for about a year now due to issues opening files - because of this when I got around to clearing up space on my drive several days ago I deleted the C:\Users\<My user account>\OneDrive directory from my PC. After I did, I saw that my...
  6. Registry Backup & Restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Backup & Restore: After becoming disenchanted with the Windows Restore Point methodology, I’ve started taking manual registry backups using ‘RegEdit’. My query is that if I need to restore from one of these backups, does it completely replace the current contents of the registry, or, does...
  7. Restoring system registries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restoring system registries: Hello, To make my windows recognise my DVD drive, I have gone to the following support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs I followed every method until method4... After that, i followed...
  8. restore deleted things from onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore deleted things from onedrive: is it possible to restore my documents folder on onedrive? I thought I was just deleting it on OneDrive and I even deleted the stuff in the deleted folder but I ended up deleting things on my physical drive. Is it possible to restore this somehow or should I reinstall my OS?...
  9. Stuck on restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on restoring Registry: As the title says, I was preforming a System Restore on my Windows 10. I thought everything was going smoothly, until it appeared to have gotten stuck on “System Restore is restoring the Registry...” It’s been stuck on this for around an hour... is there anything I can do...
  10. Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to restore files deleted from OneDrive: Good God Microsoft?! OneDrive is deleting most of my files and gives me no warning or indication. I have to discover they have been deleted. Then I go to the recycle bin, find them, select them and click "restore" and it tells me it is restoring, but progress is null....