Windows 10: Restore opened windows via shortcut

Discus and support Restore opened windows via shortcut in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Is it a way to restore the opened windows like they were before via a shortcut after windows restart? 38435 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by georgioumarios, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Restore opened windows via shortcut

Is it a way to restore the opened windows like they were before via a shortcut after windows restart?

:)

georgioumarios, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Setting a task trigger to create a daily System Restore point

Can you just put a "one click" shortcut to a program like this on your Desktop?

A simple program to create System Restore Points.

Quick Restore Maker v3

Quick Restore Maker - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

It seemed to create a restore point on my Windows 10 PRO 64-bit.

There is also something like this just to open System Restore quickly but not to create anything.

Create a desktop shortcut to the System Restore utility

Create a desktop shortcut to the System Restore utility

Linney, Jan 23, 2016
  3. MSPaint unable to create a new document

Previous work-around can be enhanced. Open paint by, right-click Open With. Then create your own untitled.jpg and save it. Make a shortcut to it. Make a shortcut to MSpaint. Copy the icon form the properties menu (via Change Icon button) to the icon
    of the shortcut to the jpg file. Delete the MSPaint shortcut and rename the jpg shortcut to Paint.

You then have a shortcut that looks and acts like a shortcut to Paint.

I'm using Windows 10, but this will work on any version.

===================

And now for the amazing thing -- After I did all this, MSPaint started working normally!!!!! -- and no, I'm not smoking anything.

JoeHasAWay, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Restore opened windows via shortcut

There was a vertical bar at the right end of the Win7 Taskbar that gave a peek or toggled Minimize and Restore. The same is in Win10 albeit quite a bit slimmer. There's also a Show Desktop on the right-click menu of the Taskbar, when minimized it says Show open windows.

Berton, Jan 23, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    Could you could use Hibernate instead of restart?

Otherwise not really but there are some programs discussed here that will (partially) do what you want. Restoring open software after a restart event in windows - Super User

6. Berton Win User
    Unregard my response, missed the restart part.

Berton, Jan 23, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Press the Windows key on the keyboard, while holding it down, press thr D key.

bro67, Jan 23, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

After windows restart ?

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Search 'File Explorer Options'/View tab/check 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'/Apply/OK
    (I'm almost positive you have to have 'Fast Startup' enabled.)

Edwin, Jan 24, 2016
  10. I want saved state of all opened windows of pc after windows restart.

georgioumarios, Jan 24, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    We know that. You have to risk placing your machine into Hibernate and hope that it does not screw up when you power it back on.

There are programs that will remember last known session stuff. There are two TSR type programs that you can download from majorgeeks.com. One is SmartClose, that you can download from majorgeeks.com. The other is Cache my work, which you can download from Cache My Work reopen your Apps after reboot - Home

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    I am guessing that you missed the sarcasm part on that post.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

The mandate is to help others who have computer problems. Sarcasm has no place in this.
    The OP looks for help, not ridicule.

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    Lighten up Francis. Try not to take life so serious. If you are not aware. Windows 10 has been a huge thorn in the side for everyone. You obviously do not like to interject humor when trying to help others.

I posted that, because I was busy with something else at the time and did not have time to get the info.

Remember that we are volunteers. Most of us tend to lighten the mood by having fun while helping someone. You did not see the OP get upset when I posted what I did earlier.

bro67, Jan 24, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    1. To you, it can be having fun. To the OP it is damn serious looking for a solution.
    2. What makes you think the OP understands your so-called "humour side " ?
    3. The OP may not want to provoke if he/she does not like the sarcasm.
    4. If you are busy on something else, then don't post until you have time to gather the info needed.

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Restore opened windows via shortcut - Similar Threads - Restore opened via

2. File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window: When in File Explorer, there are certain strings that can be typed into the address bar that will allow you to navigate to said item. For example, typing in "downloads" and pressing enter causes File Explorer to navigate to the Downloads folder. Typing in "documents" and...
  3. File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: Restore functionality for opening shortcuts in the same window: When in File Explorer, there are certain strings that can be typed into the address bar that will allow you to navigate to said item. For example, typing in "downloads" and pressing enter causes File Explorer to navigate to the Downloads folder. Typing in "documents" and...
  4. How to restore shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore shortcut icons: Windows 11. The arrows on all my shortcuts have suddenly disappeared. How can I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-shortcut-icons/62fc3f53-33ab-4bd3-8be4-4d952d8c7313
  5. Restore Alt + Space shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Alt + Space shortcut: Firefox has somehow been set to use Alt +Space as a search prompt; see image. I'm not sure how I did this yesterday but would like to get Alt + Space back to windows default. Any ideas please? [ATTACH]...
  6. Shortcut for restore down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut for restore down.: Going to keep it breif, whats the shorcut to restory down an app in windows 10, since i cant find any answers in a search, thanks :). submitted by /u/vladmir-lennin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivb384/shortcut_for_restore_down/
  7. Creating Keyboard Shortcut via Batch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating Keyboard Shortcut via Batch: I want to create my own tool for Windows 10. The plan is to run it by pressing (For example) the "F4" key. I am aware, that I can just configure it to run over the gui, but for easier setup I would greatly appreciate it to set up the shortcut via a command. Does anybody...
  8. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  9. Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut: Hey all, I have an issue with my Surface Book running Windows 10, version 1809 (OS build 17763.475). The issue popped up after updating the laptop to the latest version of Windows. When I want to open the settings app, I generally do so by clicking on the Start Menu and...
  10. Restore shortcuts to the desktop

Restore shortcuts to the desktop: I have lost the desktop displayed shortcut to an application. How do I restore the application shortcut to my desktop? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-shortcuts-to-the-desktop/fde96fcc-1954-4ffc-924f-aaa49d2912da