Windows 10: Restore options broken ?

Discus and support Restore options broken ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When we upgraded Win 7 to Win 8, the restore/repair options, not restore points, were broken. Anyone know if the update to Win 10 carried over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ken1943, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ken1943 Win User

Restore options broken ?

When we upgraded Win 7 to Win 8, the restore/repair options, not restore points, were broken. Anyone know
    if the update to Win 10 carried over the problem. Just curious because I image my drives.

:)

ken1943, Aug 19, 2015

2. Thumbnails in Windows 10

Open the OneDrive folder.

Click the View tab

Click Options

Click General

Click Restore defaults.

You can also try the following:

How to Fix Broken or Missing Icons and Thumbnails in Windows 10

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-broken-mis...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Failed to restore backup in Lumia 950

This is a new phone and I am willing to reset it and try. I really need the backup restored.

I do have an alternate email address listed in my accounts setup. But during restore the only option it gave me was to get the code by SMS. It said choose other option but there was nothing to tap on there or choose.

This seems really broken. Can I setup the phone without the SIM and then insert the SIM after the phone is setup?

JayanthiSampathkumar, Aug 19, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

Restore options broken ?

My weekly scheduled backup Sunday night at 7:00pm I had set up in Win7 carried over to W10 in an upgrade to W10 from windows update.

Sounds like there's not a recovery partition on your drive, and maybe there wasn't one when you had Win7, I upgraded to 7 (upgrade cd) from XP Pro (retail) and didn't have any recovery options, just restore points. Doing a clean install does create a recovery partition but apparently an upgrade doesn't.

I can't make a recovery disc because there is no recovery partition. I've checked with Partition Wizard and disk part from an admin command prompt, I'm sure there is only 1 partition on the C: OS drive and no recovery partition.

CmmTch, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Restore options broken ?

1. Restore options broken ? - Similar Threads - Restore options broken

2. Taskbar grouping option broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar grouping option broken?: I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me to taskbar options but I don't see any way to "Group similar windows = NEVER" - like I have in W10?Having all my windows...
  3. Taskbar grouping option broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar grouping option broken?: I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me to taskbar options but I don't see any way to "Group similar windows = NEVER" - like I have in W10?Having all my windows...
  4. Windows unstable: restore options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unstable: restore options: Good morning,Quick summary of my issues: about a month ago, I noticed my W10 system was getting quirky. nothing would refresh, some apps would not start, etc. The most obvious of these was that my system would not power off on shutdown. I found a couple of threads on this...
  5. system restore option-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore option-: Hello, I have done system restore from current image several times & while it seems to be running better now, it's definetly not at optimal use. Every time you restore to a previous state via system restore, trace amounts of previous updates are still deep in the system...
  6. Restoring factory settings is completely broken

Restoring factory settings is completely broken: So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice to see of i did something wrong but the same problem occured. up until that time i only had minor problems like bloated drives...
  7. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken: Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will...
  8. restore CD options

restore CD options: I bought my PC from a Microsoft refurbisher, I was told i should have received a restore CD, because refurbishers are authorized by Microsoft? how do I get one?I have Windows 10 but if I did a full restore to factory settings like i wanna do it says Windows 7...meaning if I...
  9. System Restore is a totally BROKEN option

System Restore is a totally BROKEN option: Hi, after my notebook automatically gave me this month's disastrous updates and everything got messed up i decided to use the 'System Restore' point that was created just before the update. (the option to return to previous version of win10 had already passed after 12h, or...
  10. broken restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    broken restore point: December 3, 2016 Greetings Windows 10 guru’s After reading countless articles and YouTube videos on the subject of restore point IMs totally stuck. My problem first started with bad pool header, which after countless reboots it suddenly stopped. This is what happens...